Looking for a winter guard

rifleline14

I need an independent winter guard, but none are all that close to me. I want a winter guard that will train me right, I want to march for Phantom Regiment come next year (outdoor). But I have nothing for the winter to much, sitao is about an hour and a half away from me, same with the classics, blessed sacrament is do able i suppose, but its still a 5 hour drive. So with rising gas prices, and of course school, can't forget about education, how can I march one?

It is possible. I would go with Sitao if I were you to get yourself introduced to marching independently. I marched a guard that was two hours away and went to school for music(20 or more hours every semester). The thing is you have to, like anything else, budget your time and money. I knew I would be gone on the weekends so I got everything I needed to get done finished before Friday. That way I had a clear mind for the weekend of rehearsals. I can't really help you on the gas situation other than try to find someone else from your area and convince them to march as well. Then you will have a carpool buddy :smile: . This will make the trips seem shorter and help you save on gas. If you really want to do it, you will find a way. It was tough but I would never regret making the decision to march an independent guard.

I need an independent winter guard, but none are all that close to me. I want a winter guard that will train me right, I want to march for Phantom Regiment come next year (outdoor). But I have nothing for the winter to much, sitao is about an hour and a half away from me, same with the classics, blessed sacrament is do able i suppose, but its still a 5 hour drive. So with rising gas prices, and of course school, can't forget about education, how can I march one?

Where are you located? I know of a guard that prides itself in some very high-level training.

shoot me an e-mail.

bthsds@yahoo.com

-John

Where are you located? I know of a guard that prides itself in some very high-level training.

shoot me an e-mail.

bthsds@yahoo.com

-John

John I contacted you via email, and am looking forward to hearing from you.

Where are you located? Delaware? MD?

Scranton? I believe there might be an independent guard in Binghamton, NY, but I could be wrong about that. Of course, Binghamton is about and hour and a half away also, isn't it?

The closest ones I definitely know in your area are Classics and Sitao.

Spectrum. They are now back in A class and building a strong program with a great staff. Definitely worth looking into.

Scranton? I believe there might be an independent guard in Binghamton, NY, but I could be wrong about that. Of course, Binghamton is about and hour and a half away also, isn't it?

The closest ones I definitely know in your area are Classics and Sitao.

My roommate did an Independent World guard this past season. She was taking 16 credits worth of classes, but still got by. The guard was about an 1.5 hours away. She got frustrated sometimes, but the season was well worth the trouble for her. It's definitely do-able. If you have the passion, it'll work out, IMO. Good luck!

Spectrum is definitely as close as any that you have mentioned. We are building our program with a great new staff. Our past accomplishments are finalists in A and Open at WGI Worlds. More information can be had at our website http://www.spectrumwinterguard.org Our audition dates are September 21 and 28. We pride ourselves on being a very "family" type organization and we strive to keep the costs down to the members. Stop by the website and take a look!