Tornado warning in Michigan City

My daughter who is in VK guard just texted me from Michigan City which is under a tornado warning. There was a tornado that touched down about 20 miles from where they are. They are stuck inside with Beatrix right now. She did say that Vk and Beatrix performed for each other today! Love you guys and hope all turns out well!!! :thumbup:

My daughter who is in VK guard just texted me from Michigan City which is under a tornado warning. There was a tornado that touched down about 20 miles from where they are. They are stuck inside with Beatrix right now. She did say that Vk and Beatrix performed for each other today! Love you guys and hope all turns out well!!! :thumbup:

I had no idea they were sharing housing in Michigan City!

That's always cool when corps become close like that. VK has made many friends along the road.

Kinda brings me back to the days of VK at Casper....

In '77, '78 and 1979 VK performed at the show. During the show a tornado warning was sounded. I have memories or bass drums rolling, shakos flying off and impossible flag maneuvers. After our '79 performance we had to duck behind the stands for cover.

Kinda brings me back to the days of VK at Casper....

In '77, '78 and 1979 VK performed at the show. During the show a tornado warning was sounded. I have memories or bass drums rolling, shakos flying off and impossible flag maneuvers. After our '79 performance we had to duck behind the stands for cover.

I certainly hope that isn't the case for tomorrow, but the forecast for Michigan City shows possibility of more thunderstorms. Good luck tomorrow guys! :thumbup:

Hello From Michigan City!!!!

What a night, Tornado Warnings, concerts between Beatrix and VK.

Big Dale showed up just in time to see the concerts.

The kids were amazing and have made friends with so many different people this year.

During the preshow, the Beatrix members yelled out "2CoolVK", it was a great hype for the corps!!!

Everyone is safe, the storm has passed us and the kids are asleep now.

We are ready for Quarters tommorow.

any idea if the storm damage is going to play a toll in today's show? I hope all is well out there! My daughter is there also, Wish I was there too, but maybe next year! Good Luck to all of our performers today!

I live ten miles from Michigan City and will be heading there this afternoon. I drove in from the performance of the Cavalier Alumni Corps in the western Chicago suburb of Naperville and the roads were a total mess. The rain was horizontal..never seen that before.

A man was killed in Michigan City when a tree fell on his car. There was much tornado damage about 30 miles west of Michigan City.

There is no concern about the competition field. They have an extremely advanced drainage system that allows the turf to be used 20 minutes after a two-inch storm.

The weather forecast for today is great.

I'm watching the noon news at this very moment and the storm did A LOT of damage in the area.

I live ten miles from Michigan City and will be heading there this afternoon. I drove in from the performance of the Cavalier Alumni Corps in the western Chicago suburb of Naperville and the roads were a total mess. The rain was horizontal..never seen that before.

A man was killed in Michigan City when a tree fell on his car. There was much tornado damage about 30 miles west of Michigan City.

There is no concern about the competition field. They have an extremely advanced drainage system that allows the turf to be used 20 minutes after a two-inch storm.

I'm watching the noon news at this very moment and the storm did A LOT of damage in the area.

So as far as you know there won't be a postponement of quaterfinals??? My thoughts and prayers are with the family of the man that was killed during the storm.

Hey Mike, is there ANY chance you could do a play by play of quarters today ? (at least keep us updated with the scores ?)

Us true die hard OPEN CLASS fans would grately appreciate it...WOULDN'T WE GANG ?!! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Mike, you are the BEST drum corps writer of all time...you're the best !!! :worthy::worthy:

Hey Mike, is there ANY chance you could do a play by play of quarters today ? (at least keep us updated with the scores ?)

Us true die hard OPEN CLASS fans would grately appreciate it...WOULDN'T WE GANG ?!! :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Mike, you are the BEST drum corps writer of all time...you're the best !!! :worthy::worthy:

please, pleASE, PLEASE????? :worthy: