My Take on the Contenders

The top four are as good as I have ever seen. Cadets could be up there as well, but the show does not communicate well and in general was not very memorable. I want to pull for Phantom to bring it all home, but two outstanding corps stand in there way. Cavies are just polished and effective in every caption. You can make an argument that they are too formulaic and this show has too much recycled material. I cannot disagree with that but guess what, it works and they do so #### well. Blue Devils are just doing what they do best. They bring their A game and perform like no one else and still have room for growth in the last 20% of their show.

In a nutshell here is my take on the top four:

Crown - Not a weak GE moment in the show. They have that intangible factor this year. I can smell a perfect GE music score by finals.

Phantom - Musically they are it. No one has the aggression they do. Visually just not hanging with the next two. Unleash the hounds for finals night and see what happens.

Cavies - Polished, efficient, and strong in every caption. They have beefed up the brass book as much as they can but it still feels limited. Some priceless visual moments but some uncharacteristic lulls as well. Formulaic but effective.

Blue Devils - Absurd with attitude! They are in control of their own destiny right now. My god, their guard should be in box 6!!!