CONGRAT's TO BOSTON CRUSADERS

:satisfied: Congrat's to the Boston Crusaders on their 10th consecutive year as a finalist!

Amazing job BAC 113 new members in 2008 and you made it!

Love the show, eat em up Saturday!

I was in Madison when Boston rejoined the elite. Now they have been there 10 years. Congratulations BAC. Kick arse tomorrow, you earned it. All you 113 rookies should just cut it loose and show everyone what a true BAC performance is all about. EAT EM UP Boston! Excuse me I should have said 114 rookies. Their Director Tom Spataro is in his first year as Director. Great job Tom.

I was in Madison when Boston rejoined the elite. Now they have been there 10 years. Congratulations BAC. Kick arse tomorrow, you earned it. All you 113 rookies should just cut it loose and show everyone what a true BAC performance is all about. EAT EM UP Boston! Excuse me I should have said 114 rookies. Their Director Tom Spataro is in his first year as Director. Great job Tom.

113 rookies, that's impressive. Congrats BAC!

Yes, Bravo Tom! :satisfied:

rejoined? When were they among the elite before?

Don't flame, seriously asking

You may not know the corps' history...but look back a number of years especially in the 70s

BAC was "among the elite" competitively from the early 1950's through 1971, so that is likely long before you were born. Whether or not you have noticed, the Corps has been among the elite in terms of class, dedication, and attitude in every year since 1940. Although making "finals' in a field of 20 DCI corps may be a great accomplishment, BAC regularly made it with ease when the field was three or four times as large in pre-DCI days of yore.

Arbitrarily took one snapshot in time :

National Championship 1967 ( CYO.....August 29th, 1967)

1) Boston Crusaders...........88.080

2) The Cavaliers.................84.830

3) Blessed Sacrament.........84.760

4) The Cadets....................81.630

5) Chicago Royal Airs..........80.860

6) St. Lucy's Cadets............80.050

7) Blue Rock.......................78.500

8) St. Mary's Cardinals.........77.780

9) St. Joseph's of Batavia.....76.810

10) St. Kevin Emerald Knights.75.160

11) Toronto Otimists.............74.800

12) Hawthorne Muchachos.....74.230

13) I. C. Reveries................74.230

14) P.A.L. Cadets.................71.680

In 1967, there were over 400 Drum Corps nationally.

In 1967 ( just one year example ).... the Boston Crusaders were indeed " an elite " Drum Corps