Bloomington

DCI's misfortune with the delays getting Lucas Oil Stadium done on schedule worked out big time for DCI.

Great stadium, plenty of parking, tremendous atmosphere, and perfect weather.

The only down side was that many people stayed in Indy, but as a facility with a perfect aura, Bloomington was a fantastic choice for finals.

Bloomington was a fantastic choice for finals.

Seconded!

I've been remembering all the grumbling about the move to Bloomington and how chaotic people worried it was going to be. Turns out all that worry was for naught and may have even been in a blessing in disguise, eh? Of course, it always helps when Mother Nature plays nice. :worthy:

Downtown Bloomington was a nice place to spend an afternoon too. Lots of taverns, art shops and bookstores to wander.

Spent Saturday at the Indiana State Fair, which was also a lot of fun.. tons of gooey deep-fried food, livestock, antique tractors... I'll definately be going back next year.

hopefully the dvd's sound better than the semis broadcast because the stadium sounded AWFUL for that. not as bad as all domes, but worse than some.

also, my roommate (cadets) said the grasstroturf was some of the worst he's ever performed on. mushy, sort of like the rca dome's turf, ironically. thats what happens when it's new, i suppose, but it sucks that it was that way for finals week.

the turf looked great color-wise though. really looking forward to the dvd's.....not just for the turf's sake though, haha.

The stadium in Bloomington was everything people familiar with it promised it would be, and then some. Incredibly good sightlines and sound. Really an outstanding facility for drumcorps. Tons of parking, good all day including in and out, for $10 a day. Great town, great restaurants. I have a feeling there will be some grumbling next year about how we should just go back to B-town.

We got a very lucky break with the weather, because usually Bloomington would be hotter and more humid. Biggest downside, and every championship city has at least one of course: not enough hotel rooms. Also, it was hard to get out of the stadium area and onto the highway unless you had scouted out the back road way back to downtown, which they make even harder to use by blocking off some key local streets, forcing a lot of people onto the same two lane road feeding to the Indiana 37. There are probably still people in line out on that road.

I thought the accoustics were really nice tonight. weather was perfect!!!! no complaints other than I missed Madison's performance due to $h^ttty INDIANAPOLIS TAFFFFFFFIC!!! ugh construction everywhere....

We had a great time in Bloomington! The Blue Stars "party headquarters" at Kilroy's Sports Bar was great, the amount of parking right around the stadium was very good, the stadium personnel were friendly and courteous, and the stadium viewlines were awesome. The bench seats were the only negative for me.

The stadium in Bloomington was everything people familiar with it promised it would be, and then some. Incredibly good sightlines and sound. Really an outstanding facility for drumcorps. Tons of parking, good all day including in and out, for $10 a day. Great town, great restaurants. I have a feeling there will be some grumbling next year about how we should just go back to B-town.

We got a very lucky break with the weather, because usually Bloomington would be hotter and more humid. Biggest downside, and every championship city has at least one of course: not enough hotel rooms. Also, it was hard to get out of the stadium area and onto the highway unless you had scouted out the back road way back to downtown, which they make even harder to use by blocking off some key local streets, forcing a lot of people onto the same two lane road feeding to the Indiana 37. There are probably still people in line out on that road.

You make a very good point about next year's championships not being in Bloomington. With Indy, you will have to deal with traffic and possibly construction. However, Nap-town has the lodging that B-town does not.

I thought Bloomington was a nice venue for the championships and I'm glad I went. At first, I was not going to go because it was not going to be Indy. I thought Bloomington = boring. The stadium is nice, lots of parking, and you could not have asked for more beautiful weather!!! As far as the weather, I think it's below average for much of the midwest. I know it would be much hotter and humid in SW Illinois (where I drove from).

Edited by gbell211