What new Alumni Corps should Pop Up?

New Alumni Corps  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What former DCI corps should return as an Alumni Corps?

• Belleville Black Knights
    • Des Plaines Vanguard
    • Stockton Commodores
    • Suncoast Sound
    • SkyRyders
    • DeLasalle Oaklands
    • Freelancers
    • Watkins Glen Squires
    • Osage PrecisionAires
    • Audobon Bon Bons
    • St. Ignatius Girls
    • Florida Wave
    • Bleu Raeders
    • Other

There is a very good possibility that both Sacramento Freelancers and Anaheim Kingsmen will be taking the field in 2009 as competitive senior corps.

OH GOD. Please make this Happen.

That would make at least 4 DCA groups on the West Coast. Then the posiblility of that Enguard (SP) group. How about maybe a Seattle and or Portland group.

Could make for a DCA WEST for sure. Have at least one weekend in SoCal. then one in North (Sacramento or Stockton. Places that have Drum Corps people. Then one day maybe a weekend in Portland/Seattle area.

Just three weekends would help make it all work out and take the DCI pressure off some for the Present DCA groups

Then they would have a short season Late July and August when most of all the DCI groups head East to Indianapolis.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for "all of them." :smile:

Fran

There is a very good possibility that both Sacramento Freelancers and Anaheim Kingsmen will be taking the field in 2009 as competitive senior corps.

Thanks, but not quite yet. :smile: As a member of the Freelancers Alumni Hornline, I can tell you that fielding a competitive senior corps in 2009 is not currently our goal. We had a pretty amazing reaction and turn out when the hornline started (better than anyone hoped for, I think) but we still have a lot more work to do if we were to field a competitive senior corps. And I can GUARANTEE you that the leadership WILL NOT take any steps that can't be fully afforded up front. I think we've learned our lesson on that one... twice. :smile:

Right now we're just taking it one incredibly fun (and hard-working) rehearsal at a time. I secretly hope that we could send a group to DCA for Mini Corps in 09. That would be awesome! Also if the momentum keeps up, maybe we'll have some semblance of a full Alumni Corps with guard and drums in the sorta near future. Again, I'm not staff and have no info on this, but I sure can hope. :cool:

And for anyone in the Northern California or Southern California area that wants to get back into playing their horns (and eventually drums and guard and stuff) you should stop by the rehearsals and check it out. The group is for Freelancers and FRIENDS so everyone's invited! Nor Cal rehearsals are every other Tuesday at the Corps Hall in Sacramento and So Cal rehearsals are every other Monday at Simi Valley High School. Both are from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. For those who don't have horns or bugles to play on, we (and by "we" I mean the leadership and staff :worthy: ) are pretty good about finding a horn or bugle for you to play on. You can always check Freelancers.org for details or PM me if you want more information.

I didn't mean for this post to end in "recruitment" info, but I can't help telling people how much fun they can have simply for the price of some invested time. Kind of hard to find these days.

Edited to add Freelancers.org link.

Edited by Cathie Wiener