Cavies Alumni

WOW... just saw some video of the CAC at semi's, and I don't know whether it's been mentioned yet, but what a blast! It was great to hear Bully again and even more, the Somewhere medley (still my favorite drum part of the era). Especially nice job getting the same horn balance in the rotation push as in the old exit drill (well, as in the recordings anyway). Needed some marching tymps, though (that's for you, Boo!) Thanks, guys! Can't wait for the DVD!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW... just saw some video of the CAC at semi's, and I don't know whether it's been mentioned yet, but what a blast! It was great to hear Bully again and even more, the Somewhere medley (still my favorite drum part of the era). Especially nice job getting the same horn balance in the rotation push as in the old exit drill (well, as in the recordings anyway). Needed some marching tymps, though (that's for you, Boo!) Thanks, guys! Can't wait for the DVD!

We actually thought about doing the marching tympani, at least for the opener, since the four of us who marched in the corps' original tympani line (1970) were all in the Anniversary Corps.

Then we thought about it again and said . . . "Nah!!"

Glad you enjoyed our efforts.

We actually thought about doing the marching tympani, at least for the opener, since the four of us who marched in the corps' original tympani line (1970) were all in the Anniversary Corps.

Then we thought about it again and said . . . "Nah!!"

Glad you enjoyed our efforts.

As long as you were carrying them, it would have been OK with me :tongue:

What a great way to end an exciting semifinals by having the CAC on the field. Shivers went up my spine when you turned to the "skinny Cavies" to play your warmup. I muttered to the guy next to me that Jesus could take me now that I had heard Bully live once more. Loved the sound of the old snares. And, did anybody else notice the guard did about every famous trick in their book - including the body passing from 2006?

Edited by Jim Anello

I apologize for this completely nitpicky comment, absolutely no offense or derailment intended:

One "i" in Alumni. :smile:

Please return to the actual subject.

Semi finals night was a blast! I think more so actually being on the field and hearing crowd as well as the junior corps yelling and cheering!! It was a great night!! :-)

Thanks! It was a blast but I am glad it is over. This 47 year old body just can't do the 8 hour rehearsals in 90 degree heat anymore. Plus, my wife was about ready to devorce me. ANd she's a drum corps wife!

People ask me why I did it:

During one set in Bully I had a guy who marched in 1948 to my left and a guy who marched in 2003 to my right. THAT'S why I did it.

...Needed some marching tymps, though (that's for you, Boo!) Thanks, guys! Can't wait for the DVD!

I never marched timpani, but I wore the xylophone and marimba around my neck. I did suggest it would be neat to pull out the marching keyboards for the opener, but was informed Yamaha did not make a marching keyboard. (And if we were able to use one from the company that does still make them, the market for reselling it would be quite iffy.)