Congrats to the Citations!

First of all, I am happy for the Citations. They worked hard, as did each and every corp member, staff member and suport person did all year. The fact is, the Spartans have been at the top of this segment of the activity for MANY years, and will likely get back there again. In fact, it can't be overlooked that the Spartans have had the top guard for many years as well, and that the staff defection, and subsequent member defection had a direct resulting impact on not just the Spartans, but the Citations as well.

I love Drum Corps. All of them, includng the Citations. And for the record, I put just as much blame on the management of the Spartans for the changes that occured,as I do the staff that left.

Good luck to both Spartans and Citations next year. It shold be a good one again!

Spartans '87

The Foundation Year

Yes, you are correct, the Spartans used to be at the top of this segment of the activity. Unfortunatly, things change. The Citations have been struggling for many years to be on top. They have not made finals since 1986. I think that they deserve all the Congratulations that they can get. The Spartans did once have the top guard, and I think they had alot of talent, however I do believe that the management had a lot to do with the staff leaving. But let's not harp on that...

Corps go through reorganization all the time. This was the year for the Spartans. This was also the year for the CItations to be noticed for their talent. I am sure that the Spartans will be just fine... They did a great job this year.

I love Drum Corps as well, and there will always be drama between corps, no matter what. Some things never change. On to next year....

Yes, you are correct, the Spartans used to be at the top of this segment of the activity. Unfortunatly, things change. The Citations have been struggling for many years to be on top. They have not made finals since 1986. I think that they deserve all the Congratulations that they can get. The Spartans did once have the top guard, and I think they had alot of talent, however I do believe that the management had a lot to do with the staff leaving. But let's not harp on that...

Corps go through reorganization all the time. This was the year for the Spartans. This was also the year for the CItations to be noticed for their talent. I am sure that the Spartans will be just fine... They did a great job this year.

I love Drum Corps as well, and there will always be drama between corps, no matter what. Some things never change. On to next year....

The Citations colorguard has been up and coming for the past few years. Every corps has to take their time to get the right motion down to be great at what they are doing. It's the dedication of the staff as well as the students. Citations colorguard have had the same caption head for the past couple of years and it wasn't just the luck of having Spartans staff jump on board with them that brought them to the top because actually the caption head is a Spartan Alum herself and has worked that colorguard up to be something great by herself with the help of role models she has had as teachers.

The congrats needs to go out to the kids more than anything! They worked their butts off!!!!

The Citations colorguard has been up and coming for the past few years. Every corps has to take their time to get the right motion down to be great at what they are doing. It's the dedication of the staff as well as the students. Citations colorguard have had the same caption head for the past couple of years and it wasn't just the luck of having Spartans staff jump on board with them that brought them to the top because actually the caption head is a Spartan Alum herself and has worked that colorguard up to be something great by herself with the help of role models she has had as teachers.

The congrats needs to go out to the kids more than anything! They worked their butts off!!!!

I was sooo proud of Citations this year!!!!! Getting a chance to see them live early season i knew they were destend for finals!! After a great year in 2007 i knew with this years changes it was a sure thing!! CONGRATS to the guard and the High Guard caption You more then deserve it!!! :blink::blink::bleah::blink::beer:

Edited by Sweetbeats

Yes congrats to Citations! Their guard was in a class by themselves, their individual foot technique was immaculate, and their brassline had a very warm sound. Good luck next year!

Not to disagree, that their guard was very good, but they only beat surf by .2, which I believe puts them in the same class.

Oh come on now. This is trash talk and ridiculous. Tom and the people at Citations have been helping each other out for years and there is no need for all this to go on. Let the corps enjoy its success and move on. Good luck to everyone over the winter months. God why people are so mean on here is so against the reasons people do corps. It is called sportsmanship.. lets use it in all we do and set good examples for the kids in the corps!

• 2 weeks later...

Please see DCP's Community Guidelines -

Postings should neither reference nor link to illegal activity or contain graphic or overtly-sexual material. Keep in mind that community members are as young as 13 years of age.

If you think a crime's been committed, go through proper channels, not this discussion board. I'm willing to bet you'll get better results that way.

Please keep this discussion on-topic. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Thanks,

Mike