Phantom Regiment Week in Rockford

Soory if it's been mentioned already. This is a nice gesture from the city of Rockford.

Official Stuff

Sure, these proclamations are public relations formalities but serious props to the Rockford community in general for their support.

A friend and I attended PR's home show a couple years ago and, being East Coast folk, we were pleasantly shocked by the level of support the corps received. Actually, we were amazed that most folks actually understood when we told them we were there for a drum corps show.

I can't wait to get back there again for another show. I'll do my part by picking up a few copies of the Rockford Register-Star and supporting a few of those other local businesses on my next visit.

Edited by Phillygwm

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cities of Loves Park and Machesney Park no longer financially support the corps.

Even so, I saw a sign on the souvie boot at finals, to the left of the window as you look at the front of the booth, saying that the booth was donated to the corps by the city of Loves Park.

So, a contribution from that town apparently persists to this day. :smile:

Just out of curiosity - how many members this year were from Rockford?

zero - there was one member from Roscoe which is about 10 miles north of Rockford

they use to brag as being 'Rockford’s roaming musical ambassadors' or something like that until some cheap trick made them stop using it :smile:

I don't believe that to be true. Back in the late 70's & early 80's the members of Cheap Trick were great supporters of the corps. It was not uncommon for them to make appearances at unofficial corps events (i.e parties). I believe they are still officially considered Rockfords Roving Ambassadors. I believe the title just sort of died out over the years.