a Minor Chord

Oh man, this thread makes me happy! I LOVE MUSIC GEEKINESS!!!!!!

(that's what happens when you get your BM and MM in Music Theory. mmmmmmm chords. TASTY.)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not so much a minor chord, but the 2nd year of the Crossmen "Songs for the Planet Earth" trilogy, the last chord did not resolve...

Technically, it really shouldn't matter. If the Crossmen had wanted too, they could have sustained that chord in an ostinato or a full-scored legato section and made it tonicized, thus having it technically resolved.

:thumbup:

well technically yes...(I haven't gotten into anything about Modes yet, so bear with me), but these usually involve some sort of dissonance...at least that's what my ears are inferring.

When I think "Jazz Chord", I think of a lot of 70's & 80's corps endings. (76 Bridgemen, 84 VK before the final resolution chord)

...again, I'm just going by what my ears are inferring, I could be completely wrong.

Well, dorian is: 1 2 b3 4 5 6 b7 1 (do re me fa sol la te do)

Which means that you get a minor triad on the tonic i, and if you add a 7th, it'll be a m7 chord (because of te).

Which means that you get a minor triad on the tonic i, and if you add a 7th, it'll be a m7 chord (because of te).

or "re mi fa sol la ti do re" which means you don't have to put any flats in and the key signature is already fixed for you. :thumbup:

Hey, let's start a thread about fixed do and moveable do, and then we can start another thread about la-based minor vs. do-based minor. :whistle:

I don't know if this really counts, but there were all sorts of dissonant chords in '95 BD (including the next to last chord in the closer).

or "re mi fa sol la ti do re" which means you don't have to put any flats in and the key signature is already fixed for you. :thumbup:

Hey, let's start a thread about fixed do and moveable do, and then we can start another thread about la-based minor vs. do-based minor. :whistle:

Fixed... heh....

I have enough trouble with moveable-do solfege in aurals to try to worry about fixed.

Actually, there was a modulation to Bb Major, and then it ended on a plagal cadence (IV-I)

Not many groups have the sack to end on a plagal cadence.

see 1977 Garfield Cadets

Well looky there, dorian mode would give you the harmonic minor scale of the ii.