Random Memories

Corps housing at Bosco Prep in Boston (just blocks from the Combat Zone.)

I am the proudest Alumni Don Bosco Tech ever graduated - Class of 1974. I deeply regret - the #### headquarters of Salesians in New Jersey closed Bosco down - they sold the property, took the money and ran.

Bosco not only borders the Combat Zone, but also Chinatown. My former high school is half of a Doubletree Hotel, and half YMCA.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bosco not only borders the Combat Zone, but also Chinatown.

That would explain how the morning after the show, I walked to the opposite side of the cooktruck to find a spot to sit down to eat my Froot Loops only to spy an Asian-American male passed out against the curb (with his member hanging out of his pants.)

One of Boston's Finest arrived, assessed the situation, and called for an ambulance from the hospital that was about a block away.

By the time the ambulance arrived, about 3/4 of the corps was there, vocally encouraging that guy to get up and run for it. :smile:

And naturally, hilarity ensued when the EMTs attempted to load that guy onto the longboard, only to receive a urine shower from the now awake and highly irritated man.

Therein is the genesis of the 1981 drum bus preliminary-winning rookie talent show program. :thumbup:

Sharing housing with Cavaliers in Stillwater, MN (1976? 1977?), and a girl couldn't walk down the hall without passing through a gaunlet of Cavies rating them.

"Oh, look, here comes an 8!"

"Ew, I'd give her a 5, but only 'cause she's wearing a tube top."

"Oh, baby, she's a 10! Marry me!"

Good times! :thumbup:

How did I miss out on that? I was in The Cavaliers and in Stillwater both years.

Maybe I was out doing a self-guided tour of historic landmarks. (I never did have my priorities in order.)

I want a redo!