Patriotic Shows

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for how many people love phantom regiment, they aren't very "patriotic" are they, if anything, i'd say their communists. i surprised they weren't hated back during the cold war....

btw, i'm just kidding

i really like cadets 02

star 92 :)

for how many people love phantom regiment, they aren't very "patriotic" are they, if anything, i'd say their communists.

I think they're more Revolutionists, since they've had a Defiant Heart since '96.

In the category of cheesy and overboard artsy-fartsy patriotic, we have the 1996 Glassmen.

That show bored me soooo much, that I got angry every time I watched it and listened to it. I think 1996 was the year that the Glassmen might have learned their lesson in terms of doing visuals and odd choreography simply for visual sake.

Edited by shortn'sour

Star 1992 and Cadets 1995 would have to be my favorites.

Well, back when I was young, all the shows were patriotic. :worthy:

But for sheer pageantry - Star 92

Star 92 was absolutely amazing! My favorite show of any corps between 92 and 98 i think. (maybe a BD show or two in there as well!)

And 1 little bit of indoor you may want to check out for inspiration sake

2007 Mission Viejo (WGI).

Its an absolutely fantastic show with brilliant uses of electronics. They also have a very touching moment using sling snare drums and an Honor guard is brought on at the end of the show.

You could also go the Marine Barracks Washington DC website (google it) and go to the US Marine Drum and Bugle Corps link and US MArine Band link and request copies of some of their CD's. Free if your an educator and they have some brilliant stuff of all types, ESPECIALLY patriotic.

t

Star 92, while being unbelievably well-performed, blows goats on the design side. As I've stated before, it's reminiscient of something I'd go out of my way to avoid at Epcot. Chester was great musically, but I thought everything else was hit-you-over-the-head, LOOK HOW PATRIOTIC WE ARE!!! post-Gulf War hoo hah. I thought Garfield's show that year was more genuine Americana, to be honest.

My vote goes to Suncoast Sound 1984. A little obvious on the other side of the spectrum, but I'll take that over Disneyfied cheese.