Attention All Age Outs

Do they compete ?

If I still wanted to march I would join a senior corps that is part of DCA not a alumni corps .

why don't THE BRIDGEMEN compete in DCA A class ?

Because they would kick some serious butt!!!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep Down I think that any one of us who marched in any drum corps anywhere in late 70's or the first half of the 1980's secretly wished that they could have been a member of the Bridgemen.....if only for a day.

I see some heads shaking but you know it's true!!!!!

Now with the Bridgemen Alumni corps I still might someday have that chance.

Woooo Hooooo.

notelvis whats up?

thats a true statement you just made....i know everybody has a style that they like the best, heck i was in a cadet corp when i started...strict rules, tough practices, the whole thing...than i went to the muchacho's and absolutly loved it, when they started having problems, i moved on to the Bridgemen, maaaan that was the best drumcorp move i ever made...

The Bridgemen style suits me the best....you have to be good to pull off all the things we did and make it look easy..and thats what the alumni corp is trying to do....being a little different, entertain, going for the standing O's and hopefully giving the audience a blast from the past......We're not trying to compete with anyone...all we want to do is perform and have a blast doing it....when we practice the corp puts in 100% with the little time we have together...as i stated before, this years show is going to be the BEST the corp put out thus far......NO JOKE !

Come on down in Nov and see what I mean....you dont have to join....but you just might :)

we are one big family looking to expand........and you can be part of something special...

Think it over !!!!!

Rick Tabor

Do they compete ?

If I still wanted to march I would join a senior corps that is part of DCA not a alumni corps .

Because the corp and its members dont want to compete.....we want to have the drumcorp experience without having the stress of competing....been there and done that (most of the membership at least).

Some of our members sharpen their skills and go try out for DCI and DCA corps and are always welcome back to the Bridgemen once they age out or dont want to compete anymore...

and besides with the way the corps of today go out there and do their thing WOW its amazing what they do....and we do what we do and love it .....and we hope to give the audience and the other corps a look at drumcorps from the 70"s and 80"s and do it well.....

I hope this answers your question....

Rick Tabor

Because they would kick some serious butt!!!

Thanks George :)

Do they compete ?

Hey "T O"...

Rick answered this already, but the other factor is time!

Very few of our membership would be willing to devote the additional time necessary to compete in DCA.

Most of us are content with the very reasonable, and convenient schedule that the corps has adhered to, since we formed as an "alumni" unit a few years ago.

We still work very hard, and we party very hard...

We just don't meet as frequently as a competitive drum corps, and that suits us just fine!

Hey "T O"...

Rick answered this already, but the other factor is time!

Very few of our membership would be willing to devote the additional time necessary to compete in DCA.

Most of us are content with the very reasonable, and convenient schedule that the corps has adhered to, since we formed as an "alumni" unit a few years ago.

We still work very hard, and we party very hard...

We just don't meet as frequently as a competitive drum corps, and that suits us just fine!

Then this should be under the ALUMNI forum.

people who still want to MARCH should join a real DCA corps.

Did not get the original topic.

Louie...

There have been several DCI age-outs that have come on board with us, during the last few years!

And no...we're not a "real DCA corps"...

But, we will always welcome anyone that wants to MARCH with the BRIDGEMEN!!!

Cheers! :satisfied:

Louie...

There have been several DCI age-outs that have come on board with us, during the last few years!

And no...we're not a "real DCA corps"...

But, we will always welcome anyone that wants to MARCH with the BRIDGEMEN!!!

Cheers! :satisfied:

--------------------------

Thanks Mr.Jordan for being so nice............................. in your response. Too bad others in our community aren't the same.

Why would I start this thread in an alumni forum when its the recent DCI age outs that I want to offer the invitation too.

The Bridgemen are not a DCA corp....we were a DCI corp and thats why the thread is here so our age out brothers and sisters can read it and maybe come down and check us out and maybe join the corp....DCA corps bust their butts as do DCI corps and this thread is to focus on performing without the extream time commitment that would be required in a competing DCA corp.

So louie...lighten up and go to a different thread if ya dont like this one.....its not harming anyone...

Thanks

Rick Tabor

PS

you can come check us out if ya want !!!!!

notelvis whats up?

thats a true statement you just made....i know everybody has a style that they like the best, heck i was in a cadet corp when i started...strict rules, tough practices, the whole thing...than i went to the muchacho's and absolutly loved it, when they started having problems, i moved on to the Bridgemen, maaaan that was the best drumcorp move i ever made...

The Bridgemen style suits me the best....you have to be good to pull off all the things we did and make it look easy..and thats what the alumni corp is trying to do....being a little different, entertain, going for the standing O's and hopefully giving the audience a blast from the past......We're not trying to compete with anyone...all we want to do is perform and have a blast doing it....when we practice the corp puts in 100% with the little time we have together...as i stated before, this years show is going to be the BEST the corp put out thus far......NO JOKE !

Come on down in Nov and see what I mean....you dont have to join....but you just might :)

we are one big family looking to expand........and you can be part of something special...

Think it over !!!!!

Rick Tabor

Would most certainly consider it......though not likely this season. I've got 10 more months till my term expires chairing the board for a community brass band and that eats up alot of my spare time and energy.