Mapex Releases New Quantum Models

DCP NewsFeed

Mapex has released new models and accessories to complement its Quantum marching series. A tenor case and practice covers highlight the accessories options, with the Agility snare and a new 32” bass drum expanding the drum offering.The new Quantum drum covers and cases are thoughtfully consistent at addressing small details...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...3&Itemid=39

Hi,

I havn't played on the new shallow one yet, although, I'd love to have it!

Here's a demo video with the Mapex Marching drums at one of the wedding gigs I did last month:

please note, my tuning for the tenors is a bit lower then the norm.

Hi,

I havn't played on the new shallow one yet, although, I'd love to have it!

Here's a demo video with the Mapex Marching drums at one of the wedding gigs I did last month:

please note, my tuning for the tenors is a bit lower then the norm.

kewl thx

ur welcome :)

anybody play these before? what did you think of them?

They're pretty nice. Our drumline instructor (at East Carolina) works for Mapex, so we got 2 snares (one shallow and one reg), one set of tenors, and one bass to demo for the season. They sound pretty nice, and I definitely like how they look. We may be getting them either next season or the one after, not too sure. As for sound though, IMO they compare to the Pearl Championships, Yamaha SFZ's and Dynastys used today.