Stolen Drum Corps jackets

I flew into Orlando around the end june and came to South Carolina a few days later. I have not been back to fl yet.

I was planning to move all of my stuff and car up here this weekend.

They think it happened 3 months ago. My mom called to have them open it and they called back saying it was empty.

A few months ago they ( and other storage places in metro west and the east side in a nice neighborhood ) had a few break ins.

Some gang were killing their rivals, breaking into storage units, stealing and leaving bodies in them.

There was no body in mine. Just 2 t shirts and the bottom to my heavy craftsman tool chest.

Sucks man. I had every exercise/show book from all 6 years I marched. All the re writes. Pics of us in news papers on tour. Pics from tour

Exercise and show books I wrote for a few h.s. plus all my parking lot audio from when I marched, Drum corps lines I taught, video of lines I taught . A bass drum book I was working on. A cymbal book I was working on.

My age out show video, medals from Div 11 111 finals, my age out bass mallets and delta. My citation cord from Suncoast.

Cool drum corps shirts ( crossman 92,94, ) spirit 91, 97 my suncoast cadet shirt. My cymbal straps from my last year on plates.

Yamaha tenors ( no hardware ) a 1969 Ludwig cortex kit, Roland groovebox, H.S. year book, some zildjian and wuhan cymbals ( nothing special ), My pictures/video/memorable stuff from my first contract working and performing in japan, pictures cards gifts and notes from our fans. I had 3 big boxes of that stuff.

Modern drummer mags from the early 90's to 2005, drum method books, music theory books, My drum catalog collection ( mid 80's -mid 90's lot's -o- boxes ), The zildjian poster that I was on ( 98 - 2003 I really want a copy of that ), Some chalk drawings I bought in New Orleans in 99, cd's.

All I own now is what I put in my 4 suitcases to take to Japan 3 years ago.

Edited by spirit7698

My ex GF used to drag me off to swap meets on weekends. I was always amused and yet amazed at the various drum corps jackets and t-shirts available at these things. Practically every drum corps on the WC was represented. This included numedrous oldies such as the Kingsmern, Freelancers, VK, Stockton Commodores etc., as well as present day corps It could very well be some of these people actually purchased these jackets at one of these swap meets.

Edited by morganhill

Back in the early '90s I was working in the Wall St. area, and would see a couple of messenger types walking around in Star of Indiana and Santa Clara Vanguard member jackets ... I asked the guy with the Star jacket when he marched and was told, "Oh, no man ... I'm just a fan."

I was tempted to call a cop over on the spot, as he'd obviously stolen the jacket from someone.

Some people are ####ed-up and have no problem ripping off someone's corps jacket. Sometimes it seems a pity that public floggings have been outlawed in this country ...

Might not have been stolen.

Star sold their corps jackets to the general public at the suvie stand. We all bought corps jackets at the start of the 1985 season and mid-season we realized that they were also selling them to just anybody. We were ###### off to say the least.

Around Christmas time 1985 every 1985 member got a package in the mail with a video of the Bloomington and DCI finals show on it. And a white members jacket which is unique to 1985 I think - but I could be wrong.

Might not have been stolen.

Star sold their corps jackets to the general public at the suvie stand. We all bought corps jackets at the start of the 1985 season and mid-season we realized that they were also selling them to just anybody. We were ###### off to say the least.

Around Christmas time 1985 every 1985 member got a package in the mail with a video of the Bloomington and DCI finals show on it. And a white members jacket which is unique to 1985 I think - but I could be wrong.

Well, unless Vanguard sold their black member jackets as well, I'm pretty sure these guys lifted them ... They were both pretty evasive about the source, and the name had been removed from the Star jacket.

Well, unless Vanguard sold their black member jackets as well, I'm pretty sure these guys lifted them ... They were both pretty evasive about the source, and the name had been removed from the Star jacket.

Santa Clara did sell similiar jackets at their souvie booth in the mid 80's, but the logo on the back was the corps logo, not the jacket logo. There was also a dark green one and red, supposedly for the booster club IIRC. Most people, unless they marched, would not know a real jacket from one of those, as they would not know the exact logo.

Santa Clara did sell similiar jackets at their souvie booth in the mid 80's, but the logo on the back was the corps logo, not the jacket logo. There was also a dark green one and red, supposedly for the booster club IIRC. Most people, unless they marched, would not know a real jacket from one of those, as they would not know the exact logo.

I know the ones the Vanguard sold ... They had the logo screened on the back, not embroidered. This was the genuine article.

The red was for the Boosters ... Nice jacket too. Plaid lining.

I know the ones the Vanguard sold ... They had the logo screened on the back, not embroidered. This was the genuine article.

The red was for the Boosters ... Nice jacket too. Plaid lining.

Some of the black ones they sold were embroidered, but with the corps logo, not the member jacket logo.

Yeah, someone somewhere is wearing a 70's era Madison Scouts jacket that used to belong to me. The good news is my new one should arrive any day. (Probably actually fit too)

"Stolen Jackets":

I had my first corps jacket stolen "Way Back In the Day". I managed to find out "Who" took it and then confronted him and got it back.

I also turned him into a toad... :satisfied:

Elphaba

• 3 weeks later...

Star sold the blue jackets at souvie stand, after '85 you could only get a white star jacket if you were aging out that year (mine's priceless).

Had a guy in college think it'd be funny to steal my 27th Lancer jacket, when I discovered it missing I picked up my roommate by the throat and pinned him to the wall until he told me who had it. Went to the guys room and offered him the choice of coughing it up or being tossed out the window.