Corps Auditions

ajw

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to be trying out for some drum corps this year. I'm going up to a Scouts camp on November 2 in Elizabethtown, KY and I'm going to the Crown camp on November 21-23. I might also be doing a video for Crusaders because their Bass Drum tech is a graduate student here at school, but we'll see about that for sure later. So wish me luck as I get going on this. I'll keep you updated on my progress throughout the Fall.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck Austin, I'm trying out for Spirit myself! :tongue: (Along with my girlfriend and a guard friend of hers, both from my HS's band. A mello player also in our band is going for Crown, along with one of our snares. I mention all this because noone from my high school, to my knowledge, has ever made a DCI corps. We have had one snare march DCA, with ALLIANCE. And one guy play timpani in WGI, for Atlanta Quest. Our school is VERY new in the way of even thinking drum corps, since it was only six years [and 3 directors] ago that my HS band was a show band! :blink: )

/ end rant :blink:

Good luck Austin, I'm trying out for Spirit myself! :tongue: (Along with my girlfriend and a guard friend of hers, both from my HS's band. A mello player also in our band is going for Crown, along with one of our snares. I mention all this because noone from my high school, to my knowledge, has ever made a DCI corps. We have had one snare march DCA, with ALLIANCE. And one guy play timpani in WGI, for Atlanta Quest. Our school is VERY new in the way of even thinking drum corps, since it was only six years [and 3 directors] ago that my HS band was a show band! :smile: )

/ end rant :blink:

Did the guy that march Alliance march last year, if so, say congrats on the championship last year and on winning best percussion, them guys are sick

Also, good luck to you Austin, all are good. :blink:

im a hopeful for marching Citations this summer (theyre Open Class so theres not too much of an audition process- good attitude and youre in). im a freshman at UMass Amherst so ive met some people here that march there. im not too confident in my playing abilities so an Open Class corps is perfect for me. then depending on how this season goes, me and a friend may try out for Bluecoats.

while we talk about alumni from our HS that marches corps- in my old HS band i knew of only one kid that marched Phantom (he graduated in 99 i believe and did Phantom from 01 to 03....oddly enough, he was the member chosen to write the online member journal for 2003). other than that, we've had one girl that marched 7th Regiment last year and a couple of guard girls that have marched DCA (Bushwhackers, Cabs and Hurcs) so if i do Citations, ill be only the third person to march a DCI corps from my school and if i march Bluecoats, ill be only the second person to march a world corps. pretty cool i guess.....

regarding my school and drum corps, we have about 10 people who have marched DCA (Skyliners, Sunrisers, Fusion Core) but none have marched DCI, I have a friend planning on trying out for Jersey Surf or Raiders. I'd like to try out in the future, if not, then DCA is where it's at, Fusion is a great place, so much fun, especially now that my directors live in my town, over there everyday