A Capital Brass! Christmas

I was beginning to wonder what happed to you Tom.

No posts for quite a while.

Have fun spreading the holiday cheer and know that I'm there in spirit. :tongue:

Just busy living life, which hit me with a load of "stuff" this fall. Also, I got myself WAY behind with work with the late September MCA show. And I've been trying to catch up ever since. Day and night and thru the weekends.

Still... gotta play... so we're out doing a handful of Christmas concerts. The guys sound really good, and have pulled off a lot of new material with a minimum of rehearsal time.

Great to hear from you, Russ!

Edited by brassomaniac

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We made a late additon to our rep on Saturday: "The Chipmunk Song". . It was a HOOT!

NO! I'm not coming down to play the part of Alvin! :smile:

Best to you and the gang throughout the Holiday Season and through out 2009! :smile:

Joe

NO! I'm not coming down to play the part of Alvin! :smile:

Best to you and the gang throughout the Holiday Season and through out 2009! :smile:

Joe

LOL! You'd make a GREAT Alvin, Joe!

"The Chipmunk Song" turned out to be a fun addition, with both audiences "getting it" last Saturday. It was especially effective, when sandwiched between a couple of more "serious" Canadian Brass arrangements.

We got snowed/iced out of Thursday's Heatly School concert, but it's been resceduled to 12/17, when we'll have 2 school appearances on the same night.

We're also appearing at Northwoods Rehab Facility in Troy, and at Albany's V.A. Hospital; both this afternoon.

Merry Christmas to all!

Edited by brassomaniac

:thumbup: He is SO MUCH a middle-aged Alvin!!!

But, WE got Cliff Brant!

He's been Fred Flintstone and Elmer Fudd for us... and yesterday... Santa! :blink:

Nice job on the two gigs yesterday, guys!

... especially at the VA Hospital....You made some hurting Vets VERY happy!

Guys in wheelchairs tapping thier toes and singing along.

It was PRICELESS! :blink:

We'll be back there for our annual POW/MIA Recognition Day performance.

Edited by brassomaniac

A successful and very satisfying set of 6 Holiday Concerts were completed last night; with appearances at Heatly School and Mechanicville High School.

The Holiday Ensemble was together for about 7 weeks...., learned a (mostly) new book of some nice small ensemble stuff..., came together pretty well as we progressed thru our concert series..................., and created tons of smiles!

Merry Christmas to all!

Edited by brassomaniac

A successful and very satisfying set of 6 Holiday Concerts were completed last night; with appearances at Heatly School and Mechanicville High School.

The Holiday Ensemble was together for about 7 weeks...., learned a (mostly) new book of some nice small ensemble stuff..., came together pretty well as we progressed thru our concert series..................., and created tons of smiles!

Merry Christmas to all!

Thank You.... to all of the performers who took part in our Holiday Ensemble:

trumpets:

Andrew Bisnett

Cliff Brant

Kevin Hendrick

Tom MacDonald

Jeff Young

mello:

Paul MacDonald

bari:

Cliff Brant, Jr.

Arron Koffman

tuba:

Dave Sokol

Nice Job! Hope you all had a great time!

Edited by brassomaniac

As a member of CAPITAL BRASS it was a real pleasure to play and bring some smiles to the faces of our vetrans and elderly people.

thanks for helping make this a CHRISTMAS to remember. I ca't wait to get started in January. Till then HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone.

Jeff Young

Merry Christmas to all!

Hey Tom!!! ... Who's better tha you??? ... Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ...

Let me know what the MCA is planning for 2009 ... gotta keep the momentum going ... any volunteers for hosting the next Championship show? ... BHOF/Sky sponsoring I&E/Mini shows in Feb and Mar ... should be fun again ...

All the best ...

Andy "Your cordial MC" Lisko