Madison Scouts Name 2009 Caption Heads

The Madison Scouts announce that the following individuals have been named as caption heads for the 2009 season:Nick Williams – BrassCharlotte Morrow – Color GuardBrad Meyer – Front EnsembleRoger Carter – PercussionNeil Adkison – VisualRead the rest of the article here (http://news.madisonscouts.org/?p=160).

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=39

Very nice additions to the staff. Go Scouts!!! :smile:

I'm surprised after the great following the Scouts received this summer on these boards there is no more talk about the news. I am personally interested in seeing how this plays out. I don't know much about some of the hires, but I trust the design and office staff. Best of luck for this year!

Happy to see most of the staff back from last year especially Brass and Percussion. Sorry to see Andy Bliss leave but Brad has been his right hand man for the past 2 years and I'm

very happy to see him promoted to caption head.

Charlotte Morrow has a nice resume and am looking forward to see what her and J.C. can do to continue the great progression of the guard from 2008.

Has anyone out there marched in a corps where Neil Adkison was an instructor?

Just curious about his marching style/teaching technique.

GO 2009 SCOUTS!!!

Edited by bass5

Neil worked at Crown 03-04, BD B 05, SCV 07 (when Nick Williams was there) and Crown 08. He is a great instructor and knows his stuff. Trying to answer your question, he is a BD guy, if that helps. He will definitely get the job done.

I marched at Crown when he was there 03, 04 and 08. I am proud to see him get a job like this, good luck Neil!

Neil worked at Crown 03-04, BD B 05, SCV 07 (when Nick Williams was there) and Crown 08. He is a great instructor and knows his stuff. Trying to answer your question, he is a BD guy, if that helps. He will definitely get the job done.

I marched at Crown when he was there 03, 04 and 08. I am proud to see him get a job like this, good luck Neil!

Yes, that helps a lot. To me that means fast, clean and smooth.

Seeing Todd Ryan seams to be more than happy out in California (and we can't get him to move back to Madison) I guess this will do just fine.

MADISON SCOUTS PARTNER UP WITH SIGNATURE WINTER GUARD!

The Madison Scouts announce a strategic partnership with the Signature Winter Guard of Westminster, Colorado for the 2009 season. The relationship is primarily focused on developing cross-educational opportunities between the two organizations while simultaneously providing the Scouts organization a presence in the winter guard activity. The two groups share several common characteristics including a focus on highly entertaining programs and a mission that promotes the positive development of their memberships.

“We are very enthusiastic about this relationship with Signature,” said Scouts’ Executive Director Jeff Spanos. “Our expectation is to share instructional knowledge and resources to the benefit of both groups. For the Scouts, this is an important step in building the type of color guard program that extends beyond the bounds of the summer season.”

Signature and the Madison Scouts will offer financial incentives to young men who participate in both programs. Further, the partnership offers an opportunity for year-round and consistent training from world-class instructors Tracy Wooton, JC Caceres and Angie Haugejorden, whom all teach on the staffs of both groups.

“We do not anticipate major changes in the membership of the two programs this season,” said Spanos. “But we are confident we are laying the necessary groundwork for the future of our guard program through this relationship.”

Signature currently has positions available for the upcoming WGI season. You can learn more at www.SignatureCG.com

The Madison Scouts are holding auditions this fall in Kentucky, Texas, Wisconsin, Colorado and California. For more information, visit www.MadisonScouts.org.

Hey,Sue wants to know if this is Mick. I say this is Dave. Who wins?

Jason

87 Mick was my seat partner

88 Dave was my seat partner

And you win by defalt because it's "Dave"

Martinez!

Am I talking to a famous Loeffelholtz???