2009 Frontier Drum & Bugle Corps of Denton, TX

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a couple days away!

Can't wait to take the new contras for a spin (when they get here of course!)

Wife and I finally agree on something.............you need to stay on the Mellophone. SWEEeeeeeeeeTah :tongue:

Edited by melligene

Wife and I finally agree on something.............you need to stay on the Mellophone. SWEEeeeeeeeeTah :happy:

Far be it from me to dispute you, Gene...............................but I only played mello last year because in the beginning we had 8 contras and only 1 mellophone before things balanced out.

Unless a similar numbers game goes down in the early season here, it's contra all the way baby :)

Tomorrow is the day!

Far be it from me to dispute you, Gene...............................but I only played mello last year because in the beginning we had 8 contras and only 1 mellophone before things balanced out.

Unless a similar numbers game goes down in the early season here, it's contra all the way baby :)

NEVERMIND......($1 to Rosanne Rosanna Danna :happy: )

NEVERMIND......($1 to Rosanne Rosanna Danna :smile: )

However, I promise if my life's travels ever take me to live in Erie, PA I will be honored to play mellophone alongside you, sir :happy:

:w00t:

Hey Rich!

Hope you folks have a great turnout for Open House..can't wait to see you guys again..even if you go back to playing Contra.. : :smile:

Pat

We are going to be in Big D over Turkey day - if you're going to be in town, let's get together if possible. PM me for details :happy:

So, yesterday we had a VERY successful Open House, with a great turnout of new blood when mixed with the old blood that won't be attending until the first camp will be quite a formidable prescence not only in terms of numbers, but in talent. The new horns we've recently purchased are in almost pristine shape, we've got an influx of about 30 new Dynasty horns that haven't even touched asphalt or concrete! Add that to what we've already got and it's quite possible we'll be fielding a matched hornline this year, but that's up to the brass staff to decide. Also, the drum line is sounding great already and we've ALREADY got almost twice the size colorguard we had last year!

If we keep the new people interested and they return (hopefully, with their friends) NOTHING can stop us!

The official show announcement will be coming soon I'm sure, but since it's no longer a secret I can tell you all that the title of the 2009 Frontier Drum & Bugle corps program is: "Pasttime".

A show about America's favorite past time: Baseball!

Selections to be arranged from "The Natural", possibly "Field of Dreams", that big band tune with lyrics that go "you ain't got a thing, if you ain't got that swing...doowap doowap doowap doowap", and a jazzy Arturo Sandoval version of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" some of these will likely be in the show, others might be added later.

None of the selections are set in stone, but excerpts of what I've listed above are extremely likely to be in the show for the season.

If you're in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and on the fence: FALL OFF THE FENCE! Time to pursue the Final Frontier!