1988 Blue Devils

When the "world" and Canada, are rejoicing due to election results here in the U.S., it's a bad thing for the U.S.

Huh? :happy:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just right to spell it correctly, and it's OK for Bluecoats members and alumni to ask that it is.

According to SpellCheck, they gotta be the Can Ton Blue Coats.

You know what would be an impossible task.....

ranking in order, from unbelievably great to great, the ranking of the Blue Devil horn lines over the years.

That would be a challenge and one that would be impossible to come to agreement on with any number people.

You know what would be an impossible task.....

ranking in order, from unbelievably great to great, the ranking of the Blue Devil horn lines over the years.

That would be a challenge and one that would be impossible to come to agreement on with any number people.

Like ranking the best Beethoven symphony. Or the Shakespeare histories in order.

Not overly sensitive, we would just prefer it if our corps name was spelled correctly.

Seriously, the Bluecoats founders should probably have considered that when they chose/invented the name.

Sorry if it seems like I'm piling on you. I'm just a little tired of reading Bluecoats spelling corrections.

Seriously, the Bluecoats founders should probably have considered that when they chose/invented the name.

Sorry if it seems like I'm piling on you. I'm just a little tired of reading Bluecoats spelling corrections.

Yeah, but isn't Bluecoats (one word) technically correct, having nothing to do with how the founders "invented" how to spell it? Realizing that we were named after the police, I'm going to stretch this to the fact that the United States Army back in the day was referred to as "Bluecoats" (one word). There are books and figurines on eBay that show it that way.

And also, it isn't like the word "blue" in Bluecoats is an adjective desribing the color of the "coats" (although it sort of is). It's one all encompassing word to describe the corps. It's not like, "What color Devils? Blue", "What color Stars? Blue", "What color Knights? Blue". Someone who has better "English" training than myself could explain better.

Just for the record, that was the only time I ever corrected someone for spelling it as two words, I usually just let it go, but that guy who did it was rubbing me the wrong way that day.

Edited by sday88

When the "world" and Canada, are rejoicing due to election results here in the U.S., it's a bad thing for the U.S. As far as BD 88, my favorite show of thiers.

Don't see how that could be bad for the USA - I think it's great that the world (not just Canada) is celebrating our election. In the words of Rodney King - "why can't we all just get along".

-Jesse

Vietnam vet :rolleyes: