Veterans Day

Today is the day we honor and remember our VETS for their sacrifices in the name of FREEDOM, DEMOCRACY and our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS! I Thank you!!!!

You have protected our country with the ultimate sacrifice; your life. You have taken up arms to protect the rights of not only your citizens, but those around the globe. You are our men and women in uniform who lay it all down for us. YOU ARE OUR HEROS!

We should also honor and remember the families who sacrificed so much for the name of FREEDOM too. To you, I am grateful for your love and support of our veterans.

If you love your freedom THANK A VET!

Edited by Drumcorpsbrat

All honor, respect, and profound thanks to our Veterans today.

I noticed that on Google's home page they have armed services hats on their letters, but have snubbed the Coast Guard. I have friends and family that proudly served in the Coast Guard and although it's probably an innocent oversight, I'm disappointed that they didn't think to include this vital branch of our armed services.

All honor, respect, and profound thanks to our Veterans today.

I noticed that on Google's home page they have armed services hats on their letters, but have snubbed the Coast Guard. I have friends and family that proudly served in the Coast Guard and although it's probably an innocent oversight, I'm disappointed that they didn't think to include this vital branch of our armed services.

The Coasties always get left out...they don't even have a good derisive nickname like Grunt (Army), jarhead (Marines), Squid (Navy), or Zoomie (Air Force)...but if you get into trouble at sea and need rescue....the Coast Guard's the guys who'll pull you out of the water...just ask any crab fisherman in Alaska.

They also handledrug interdiction duties around our coastline.....since they ARE the COAST Guard....and people often forgget they HAVE served in war zones and engaged in combat.

The Coasties always get left out...they don't even have a good derisive nickname like Grunt (Army), jarhead (Marines), Squid (Navy), or Zoomie (Air Force)...but if you get into trouble at sea and need rescue....the Coast Guard's the guys who'll pull you out of the water...just ask any crab fisherman in Alaska.

They also handledrug interdiction duties around our coastline.....since they ARE the COAST Guard....and people often forgget they HAVE served in war zones and engaged in combat.

They even sank some German U-Boats off the coast of the US, during WWII.

I've heard members of the Coast Guard referred to as "Puddle Jumpers"also. I would however, proudly introduce my Army size 10 jump boot to the back side of anyone who called them that without respect, I would also do the same for you Squids, Zoomies, and Jar Heads out there. :happy:

Gus Gustafson

MSG, USA (Ret)

Edited by YR-Rudi

Members of the Coast Guard are not only protecting our borders as part of the Dept of Homeland Security, they are also currently serving in Iraq.

I've heard members of the Coast Guard referred to as "Puddle Jumpers"also. I would however, proudly introduce my Army size 10 jump boot to the back side of anyone who called them that without respect, I would also do the same for you Squids, Zoomies, and Jar Heads out there. :happy:

Gus Gustafson

MSG, USA (Ret)

I've heard them called "Puddle Pirates".

I see Google has corrected their oversight and included a Coast Guard cap. Semper Paratis!