Reading Buccaneers Announce 2009 Program!

Correct, Jeff!

If this past Sunday's rehearsal is any indication, the opener will have its desired effect -- peel back the faces of the crowd with a wall of sound and put the listener on edge with the menacing and troubling sound of Dies Irae! Can't wait to see this develop. Also, the third movement of the Easter Symphony is one great piece of music -- and the charts Mr. Bocook has written have great drum corps written all over them. The hornline will begin working on this chart this weekend. Two great bookends to a great show!

We'll be diving deeper into Dies Irae and learning Easter Symphony this weekend!

Spots in all sections available.

Winter Camp #1

Saturday, 9 to 6

Sunday, 9 to 4:15

Twin Valley High School

Elverson, PA

Brass and percussion

www.readingbuccaneers.org

Edited by TomMoore

I have liver spots.......does that exclude me, or did I get them from my shofar?????

So, will the fifth "f" be reached??????? I'd like to experience THAT moment.....ya know what I says "once ya grab em by the face, their hearts and minds will follow"

Jim

We'll be diving deeper into Dies Irae and learning Easter Symphony this weekend!

Spots in all sections available.

Winter Camp #1

Saturday, 9 to 6

Sunday, 9 to 4:15

Twin Valley High School

Elverson, PA

Brass and percussion

www.readingbuccaneers.org

thats some good stuff and not a "DCI ripoff" as some people blast DCA corps for.

LOL they're ripping themselves off :whip: by playing "Requiem" from the year I discovered drum corps. Funny part is some people at the time said "that ain't drum corps". :whip:

Dis oughta be fun to hear. :whip: Will have to crank up '74 DCA on the way to the Buccs first show so I can compare the differences in arranging 35 (gag) years and a 3rd valve later.

Edit: Amazing how many older posters saw "Requiem" and remembered Bucs mid 70s shows. :whip:

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

LOL they're ripping themselves off :whip: by playing "Requiem" from the year I discovered drum corps. Funny part is some people at the time said "that ain't drum corps". :whip:

Dis oughta be fun to hear. :whip: Will have to crank up '74 DCA on the way to the Buccs first show so I can compare the differences in arranging 35 (gag) years and a 3rd valve later.

Edit: Amazing how many older posters saw "Requiem" and remembered Bucs mid 70s shows. :whip:

If you're in the Elverson, PA area this weekend you won't have to wait until May or June! :whip: