Oldest Drum Corps Videos

You live in PA, right? Ever hear Canada Geese going overhead? There ya go! :blink:

:music:

My one and only time doing DCA I&E I played a 1930s Tenor Bari with one valve (and a valve lock). While practicing outside of our hotel oen morning there was a group of "honkers" nearby. Every flippin' time I started playing they'd stick their heads up and look my way like "What are you saying?".

Like my confidence in doing this was bad enough..... :thumbdown:

Back On-topic: Never mentioned the 75th Anniversary of Gettysburg Battle parade film clips are from 1938.

Edited by JimF-3rdBari

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a "virtual" performance of the 27th Lancers from 1968 up on www.beanman.net.

I call it virtual because the video is a super 8 film transfer shot at a local circuit show early in the season without any audio. The audio was from the 1968 World Open synched to the video. It took many hours of adjusting the timing and speed of the video to sync up with the music. There are some places where the pictures and sound just would not match up and if you look very closely at the snare drums, its obvious that they are playing parts in June that were drastically changed when the sound was recorded in August.

It isn't the oldest thing out there but it is what a local Eastern Mass. circuit show looked like 40 years ago.