Yankee Rebels make last minute Show, Uniform and Schedule Announcement

Nick42p

Yankee rebels Announce Season XI Tour Schedule

11/5/08

The Yankee Rebels have posted on their website their tour schedule for DCP-I Season XI. It will see the corps travelling to eleven states and the district of Columbia including two shows in Hawaii this season. Thier home show will be on January 5th at Shirk Field at Musselman Stadium on the campus of Gettysburg College. -From The Gettysburg Times 11/5/08

Yankee Rebels Announce Season XI Repitoire

12/5/08 The Yankee Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps have announced their repitoire for DCP-I Season XI. This year they will be performing music from Ron Maxwell's film Gettysburg with a show entitled "Gettysburg!". The music used will include:

Main Title

The First Battle

Battle of Little Round Top

General Lee's Solitude

March to Mortality (Pickett's Charge)

Reunion and Finale. They will step off their season December 12 in Dayton, Ohio.-From The Gettysburg Times 12/5/08

With Uniforms Still Being Finished, Yankee Rebels Will Go to the Field

12/8/08 DCP-I Season XI is only four days away from opening and the Yankee Rebels are ready to go. They have a show, 75 dedicated members, a hard working director, and all the equipment they need to join the league. There is only one thing missing: Their Uniforms. "Well I got in contact with the makers and they are still working on the uniforms. They said they could send what they had done but I told them to keep up the good work they are doing. I don't want to rush a great uniform. For now, we will just have to march in a temporary uniform until the primaries are ready." said corps director Nick Oristian. As they are designed, the main uniform would be a normal civil war style sack coat halved vertically Blue and Gray so as to look like a half-union, half-confederate uniform. They would also include a matching kepi hat and sky blue pants. The temporary uniform borrows from this design and includes a classic marching band jacket halved as aforementioned as well as the light blue pants. The corps will also wear a shako hat temporarily that is navy blue with a white plume. On the right breast of the jacket is a stylized Y.R. in white. "Until the actual uniforms come in I think that we can make due with these uniforms. Who knows, perhaps someday they can be part of the uniform for an aniversary corps. For now, I don't want to think that far ahead."-From The Gettysburg Times 12/8/08

newnewtemplate.png

Season XI Schedule:

12-12: Dayton, OH

12-13: Bowling Green, OH

12-15: Erie, PA

12-19: Hershey, PA

12-20: Allentown, PA

12/22: Clifton, NJ

12-23: Newark, DE

12-24: Annapolis, MD

12-26: Washington D.C. Regionals

12-29: Dublin, OH

12-30: Akron, OH

12-31: Pittsburgh, PA

1-1: Scranton, PA

1-5: Gettysburg, PA (Home Show)

1-7: Toledo, OH

1-9: Grand Haven, MI (Focus Show)

1-13: Wichita, KS

1-14: Amarillo, TX

1-15: Plano, TX

1-16: Houston, TX (Focus Show)

1-20: Flagstaff, AZ

1-22: Walnut, CA

1-23: Anaheim, CA (Focus Show)

1-26: Kea’au, HI

1-28: Honolulu, HI for Finals.

I wish more corps marched the sky blue pants.

gettysburg.jpg

Yankee Rebels Capture First Victory of Inaugural Season

The Gettysburg Yankee Rebels Drum and Bugle Corps captured their first victory last night in Erie, Pennsylvania. They defeated five other Class A corps in order to do so. The Yankee Rebels won with a total score of 70.992. They also won the Visual sub-caption. In second place was Kadence with a score of 70.173. The third place corps was The Burning Panthers with a score of 67.936. The Yankee Rebels after three competitions have two seconds and a victory under their belt now. They are now preparing to make the short hop to Hershey on the 19. Said director Nick Oristian on their sucess: "I am so proud of this corps. Three competitions and already a victory. These kids are working so hard and it is really showing. Not many corps can claim this many successes in their first season. I can only hope it gets better!"-From The Gettysburg Times 12/16/08

Yankee Rebels Seventh Overall After Two Weeks

With the first two weeks of DCPI Season XI now in the books, the Gettysburg Yankee Rebels are sitting comfortably 7th overall in Class A competition. Their maiden season has, so far, been very successful. They have competed in nine competitions thus far. In competition, they have 5 bronze, 3 silver, and one gold medal to their names. Also, they have won a sub-caption of music, visual, or both in every show they have been at. They currently have an average score of 70.902 thus far. At the Washington D.C. Northeast Regional, they made finals and placed third. Said Corps Director Nick Oristian: "I never dreamed that we would be doing as well as we have so far. We have the oportunity to make world finals currently and their are a few upcoming events we have a good shot at winning." The corps competes next tonight at Dublin, Ohio.-From The Gettysburg Times 12/29/08

Edited by Nick42p