barefoot or not?

wvguard

I'm wondering what everyones thoughts are as far as if you prefer to go barefoot during the winter season or have some kind of sandal. I've always put my guard in a lyrical sandal. I'm considering having them just go barefoot this year. I'm also debating trying a different style of modern shoe like dance paws. Has anyone tried these? Does anyone want to give a review on these or your opinion if barefoot is better/prefered/ more or less common? I'd also like to know if anyone has used the Leos' "illusion" modern shoe because I'm considering ordering it myself for my modern dance class outside of guard as well. Thanks!

I'm having my kids use the Foot Thong III by Bloch. They love them! They stay on all through rehearsals (ours are two hours long) and really help with turns, etc. They were a bit tight at first, but the girls told me they are getting much more comfortable the more they wear them.

This is the first time I've had my kids wear any sort of foot wear indoors and I like it.

In my experiences, I've always gone barefoot in a guard show, which is totally fine with me. I like that or doing what my director did with our other guard my first year. The advanced guard at my school wore what he called Dance boots? theyre pretty much leather socks I guess, but different.