Crossmen pick their Drum Majors

Oh get over yourself. If people happen to think that drum majors should come from within the corps, that doesnt mean their opinions are bullcrap. Besides, the thread was started as a simply an announcement, not to mention that people are very positive about the dm coming out of the northeast. But, being as you are much more mature than the people making these arguments, i guess its ok for you completely ignore the point of the thread, and bash everybody over the head with your opinion which is clearly and unequivocally right. :worthy:

I never said the intention of the thread was bullcrap. I never stated that people's opinions were bullcrap.

I did agree with someone that the thread as a whole is crap.

I said people should be more respectful (man, what a concept). How do you believe we should be? disrespectful?

Furthermore, they can have their opinion about Jarrett, but repeatedly sarcastically jabbing at him in a public forum... how is that mature?

And just to note... I said the words were spoken with immaturity. I didn't say the individuals themselves were overall immature.

And... you make me sad :-( ... because you reprimanded me for "ignoring the point of the thread"... which is, according to you, to announce the drum majors... and didn't reprimand the other children for doing something other than announcing the drum majors.

Now after that... if you again have a problem with my apparently overbearing and clearly unreasonable statements... please feel free to PM me.

To "Malambo" -

Japan was nice, thank you. I already miss it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said the intention of the thread was bullcrap. I never stated that people's opinions were bullcrap.

I did agree with someone that the thread as a whole is crap.

I said people should be more respectful (man, what a concept). How do you believe we should be? disrespectful?

Furthermore, they can have their opinion about Jarrett, but repeatedly sarcastically jabbing at him in a public forum... how is that mature?

And just to note... I said the words were spoken with immaturity. I didn't say the individuals themselves were overall immature.

And... you make me sad :-( ... because you reprimanded me for "ignoring the point of the thread"... which is, according to you, to announce the drum majors... and didn't reprimand the other children for doing something other than announcing the drum majors.

Now after that... if you again have a problem with my apparently overbearing and clearly unreasonable statements... please feel free to PM me.

To "Malambo" -

Japan was nice, thank you. I already miss it.

yawn....

its too late to really go into this but -

I dont recall reprimanding you for ignoring the point of the thread - i called you out for ignoring the fact that other people WERE actually on topic when you slammed the thread. See the difference??....because im not sure i do :santa: . Anyway, i know jarrett as well, and when someone makes a joke about someone being a curse, followed by a smiley, its usually not taken seriously. I can think of a person in my corps who has the exact same kind of rep ( as far as the whole not making finals thing), and we joked about it all the time without any tears being shed. As far as everything else you said....meh, too tired to care and nitpick....dont mistake it for agreement though :worthy:

While I do not post much these days...

I would like to make two points:

#1) Michael The newly appointed DM is a great leader, and also was my private student for a while. He also studied Euphonium with the late Bill Kellerman. (Both of Bill and I spent a little bit of time around the bones over the past 20 years.)

I also had the pleasure of helping out his marching band several times with him on the podium. The kid has the "RIGHT STUFF"

Megan is a Rutgers student and over the few times I have gotten to chat with her at a show...I have always been impressed with her ability to lead that corps back up the ranks last summer.

#2) As far a Jarret...he is a stand up guy and one of the gentlemen of the activity. His passion for teaching and for the welfare of the kids experience is right up there with the best I have ever seen in the activity.

Not to mention knowing the "nuts and bolts" of getting a drum corps down the highway at the age of 22/23 is truly phenomenal.

So any of this banter about his qualifications, or the decision making of appointing him to the DM position should be "off the table".

Posted by a person who knows a little bit about the Crossmen and Drum Corps.

Larry Markiewicz

While I do not post much these days...

I would like to make two points:

#1) Michael The newly appointed DM is a great leader, and also was my private student for a while. He also studied Euphonium with the late Bill Kellerman. (Both of Bill and I spent a little bit of time around the bones over the past 20 years.)

I also had the pleasure of helping out his marching band several times with him on the podium. The kid has the "RIGHT STUFF"

Megan is a Rutgers student and over the few times I have gotten to chat with her at a show...I have always been impressed with her ability to lead that corps back up the ranks last summer.

#2) As far a Jarret...he is a stand up guy and one of the gentlemen of the activity. His passion for teaching and for the welfare of the kids experience is right up there with the best I have ever seen in the activity.

Not to mention knowing the "nuts and bolts" of getting a drum corps down the highway at the age of 22/23 is truly phenomenal.

So any of this banter about his qualifications, or the decision making of appointing him to the DM position should be "off the table".

Posted by a person who knows a little bit about the Crossmen and Drum Corps.

Larry Markiewicz

Any banter about anything is just that...banter. I didnt see anybody seriously questioning the guy's abilities...certainly not to the point where he needs his old director to come defend him.... but hey, i guess you can do what you want :cool:

Closed per author's request.