Throw It Down

I just got the brand new dvd of "Throw It Down" which was made during the 2006 Bluecoats summer tour. I found it to be a really awesome veiw of of drum corps. The dvd is available at www.throwitdownthemovie.com

Any comments on the dvd ?

I just got the brand new dvd of "Throw It Down" which was made during the 2006 Bluecoats summer tour. I found it to be a really awesome veiw of of drum corps. The dvd is available at www.throwitdownthemovie.com

Any comments on the dvd ?

Interesting.

I thought there was to be a theatrical premiere of the film. Perhaps the health of the movie director prevented it.

Interesting.

I thought there was to be a theatrical premiere of the film. Perhaps the health of the movie director prevented it.

Sorry,

I wish I'd seen this post first, I would have just added to it. Obviously I think the film is friggin awesome, and I wonder what the rules for self releasing a film are when it comes to entering it into film contests. I feel like this would do well in a documentary category pretty much anywhere, or at least make the contest. Send it Cannes, send it to Sundance. I think, ultimately, the movie gives us an intimate view of an American subculture that most of the world doesn't know about.

As I said in my other post concerning the straight to DVD release, I think that there's still talk of a limited screen release (sponsored by DCI) to take place in Indy during finals weeks next year. And that would be pretty sweet, but we'll see. As far as film contests go, I know that it's pretty difficult to get into the major ones, and I honestly don't know if they're still planning on entering it anywhere or not.

Edited by Lukecoats

Thanks for the heads-up on this, I hadn't realised it was released yet. I've been looking forward to seeing it since the first trailers started running.

FYI they only take PayPal or personal check.

Let's try to keep this thread bumped onto the first page for a few days so folks know it's out.

"Throw It Down" was in our mailbox today (I ordered it on the 19th and paid by check - pretty quick delivery considering the holidays), and we immediately sat down and watched it. It is GREAT! We loved it. What a wonderful way to show kids what drum corps is all about. All music ed teachers should get this DVD to show their students. And it's a great keepsake for our family of our son's '06 tour year. Very cool.

just purchased mine last night! looking forward to showing it to my friends :)

"Throw It Down" was in our mailbox today (I ordered it on the 19th and paid by check - pretty quick delivery considering the holidays), and we immediately sat down and watched it. It is GREAT! We loved it. What a wonderful way to show kids what drum corps is all about. All music ed teachers should get this DVD to show their students. And it's a great keepsake for our family of our son's '06 tour year. Very cool.

I feel like now that Christmas is over, the shipping is going to be handled a lot faster. Mine came four days after Christmas. I'll be showing it to as many family and friends as possible over the next week I'm sure.

Is this a movie about Rapunzel?

Sorry,

I wish I'd seen this post first, I would have just added to it. Obviously I think the film is friggin awesome, and I wonder what the rules for self releasing a film are when it comes to entering it into film contests. I feel like this would do well in a documentary category pretty much anywhere, or at least make the contest. Send it Cannes, send it to Sundance. I think, ultimately, the movie gives us an intimate view of an American subculture that most of the world doesn't know about.

As I said in my other post concerning the straight to DVD release, I think that there's still talk of a limited screen release (sponsored by DCI) to take place in Indy during finals weeks next year. And that would be pretty sweet, but we'll see. As far as film contests go, I know that it's pretty difficult to get into the major ones, and I honestly don't know if they're still planning on entering it anywhere or not.

If the director hasn't already talked to the director of "America's Core" (the documentary of the Troopers 2007 return to competition), they should hook up. (Michael D. Gough) He posts here frequently. Film festivals have lots of rules, particularly about format. "America's Core" has been in one film festival and I'm assuming Gough is looking at other festival venues. We also got to see it in Cheyenne during the 50th Anniversary celebration.

Releasing straight to DVD is so much cheaper, and it creates the opportunity for an immediate revenue stream to try to recover costs. But I'd LOVE to see a theatrical release of both of these films, and I'd pay a premium price to see them in that format.