Fusion Core Camp Weekend

Hey Everyone!! Merry Christmas and Happy (fill in the Holiday) :cool:

Hope you all had a chance to catch up with friends and family over the Holidays!!

Fusion is excited about this coming up weekend's camp at Rahway High School!! It was fun at Jefferson but it'll be nice to get back to Rahway where we spent all last winter!!

We finished Open House playing the intro of the Opener and are very excited about learning more of the show this weekend. The music is very challenging and VERY exciting. It's the type of music you can't put down, EVEN WHEN YOU WANT TO!! Your like "OK, ONE MORE TIME..........I GOT TO TRY THIS LICK ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!" I love stuff like that.

This year our Drum Major Meg Spatz will be coming on staff. Our Visual Caption Head from the last two years, Izzy Delgado, moves on to Show Coordinator, therefore one of our visual staff, Matt Rissel will move into Izzy's shoes as Caption Head and in turn, Meg will move into Matt's shoes as a Visual Instructor!!!

Monica Wolst, who was one of our Assistant Drum Majors, who did a wonderful job considering she's NEVER even marched in drum corps before and who stepped in when we asked her right before we went into competition, will be going back to being "Core Mom" because you can NEVER have enough of them and even though the Wonderful Mama Waclawicz did a great job, Monica was very missed this past season!!!!

With that said, we will have openings for two Drum Majors. If you are interested in trying out, please drop me a line at fusioncoredirect@gmail.com. This year's show is definately going to be challenging, but if you have the desire and are willing to work with a very talented staff who will help you be your best, then don't wait. We already have a few applicants, but you still have time to apply.

So, with that said Have a Wonderful, Prosperous Healthy New Year and GOOD "SKILL" EVERYONE IN 2009!~~~~

Date: January 3rd and 4th

Time: Saturday 10-6 (Full Corps - GUARD START 2 - 6)

Sunday 10-4 (Full Corps NO GUARD)

OK a mello, a bari, and now from trumpet section …

This opener is very challenging in a unique way, and I’m like “OK, ONE MORE TIME..........I GOT TO TRY THIS LICK ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!!”. <--- sounds familiar

Need finesse in at least 4 key centers and for the usual Fusion mix of time signatures, up tempo, and range challenge (some sustained High F for trpt – well high for me – HELP!).

Holly, too funny – I just got done practicing and now I read this. You hit it … “OK, ONE MORE TIME … I GOTTA TRY THIS LICK ONE MORE TIME”.

I’m working lip slur harmonics (Colin), long phrases (Clarke), set, breathe, attack, air flow (Reinhardt), and more for off season sheddin', but I promised myself to not talk about it – LOL - that didn’t last. 5 days to be ready – can’t show up with weak chops folks – yes, Ralph, music to dig chops into here - energy to feed on. Can’t wait to play this in the line!

Any more horns ready to drop in? Seriously, check it out.

Don

but I promised myself to not talk about it – LOL - that didn’t last.

Don

Famous last words, but at least he's honest. :)

Seriously, seems like a great book and even more importantly, a great organization.

The only question I personally have about the upcoming weekend -- will I get to hold the mello for more than 3 minutes?

HAH! Only time will tell. :cool:

If you missed open house you can check out short video on our home page at Fusion Home Page - Open House Video

All are still welcome to attend camp weekend - January 3rd & 4th; applications are still being accepted for all sections Fusion Core Membership

A Healthy - Happy New Year to All!!

Fusion is dedicated to providing the best drum corps experience to all members while providing world-class instruction and programming. If you are interested in becoming a member of the 2009 Fusion Drum and Bugle "Core", please visit our website for information on this weekends rehearsal at Rahway High School, Rahway, NJ Directions

Famous last words, but at least he's honest. :)

Seriously, seems like a great book and even more importantly, a great organization.

The only question I personally have about the upcoming weekend -- will I get to hold the mello for more than 3 minutes?

HAH! Only time will tell. :tongue:

Ummm...Lindsay....does this mean you are marching Fusion in 2009?

Does this also mean you will not be at Golden Eagles rehearsal this coming weekend?

Oh man......

Either way....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And GOOD LUCK FUSION!!!!!

All my best,

cool people....kick a#s music.....fun experiences....and a new year!!!! cmon how can you not be at the camp THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Edited by SkysTheLimit