Colorguard Tatoo :P

Ok so when I turn 18 I want to get a tatoo. I'm thinking something on my left wrist so when I toss my rifle its not upside down, its rightside up! hahahaha

SO here's what I want to know:

-Who thinks this is stupid?(I really won't get offended :D)

-If you dont think its a stupid idea, what should I get?

I don't think getting a tattoo is stupid, but I think the way you are approaching it is a bit silly.

At least, the way you are explaining your reasoning comes across as silly, and makes me believe you will eventually regret your decision, if you even actually go through with it.

You do know you can get tattoos AFTER you turn 18, right? Got my first one when I was 25-- after aging out of everything except DCA and Senior Guard.

As long as you get something that means something to you then go for it. A friend I marched with got the Light Brigade logo on his shoulder along with the years he marched, which just happened to be the day of his last show 05-06-07. I'm planning on my guard tat soon. One of 6 others I already have. I got my first at 18 too, but then again my mom got her first at 45

I don't think getting a tattoo is stupid, but you might want to re-think the process going into it. First of all, there are some businesses or companies that won't hire you if your tattoo is in a highly visible area (like you wrist), so you might want to think about getting in a more discreet location like your back or something so you can cover it when you want/need to. Secondly, make sure whatever you get, you are willing to live with for the rest of your LIFE. I've thought about getting a flag, sabre, rifle and dancer down the small of my back, but haven't done it. I think it would look pretty cool, though. Or maybe just whatever your favorite piece of eq is.

Finally, do not under any circumstance, have a few drinks on a Free Day when your corps is Canada and decide that a tattoo will be a good idea. Because the next day you have to practice all day in the sun, which means that tattoo is likely to get sunburned. I'm just sayin'.

Thanks for the advice :D yea sorry if I came off a little silly but I was excited cuz i hadnt considered getting it on my wrist but thanks yall

I don't think getting a tattoo is stupid, but you might want to re-think the process going into it. First of all, there are some businesses or companies that won't hire you if your tattoo is in a highly visible area (like you wrist), so you might want to think about getting in a more discreet location like your back or something so you can cover it when you want/need to. Secondly, make sure whatever you get, you are willing to live with for the rest of your LIFE. I've thought about getting a flag, sabre, rifle and dancer down the small of my back, but haven't done it. I think it would look pretty cool, though. Or maybe just whatever your favorite piece of eq is.

Finally, do not under any circumstance, have a few drinks on a Free Day when your corps is Canada and decide that a tattoo will be a good idea. Because the next day you have to practice all day in the sun, which means that tattoo is likely to get sunburned. I'm just sayin'.

Sounds like someone did this??? huh??

I just got my second tat on my foot (not guard related) in September, and I'm curious how it does this next summer. My other one is hidden by clothing, and is 14 years old, so it's not a big deal.

new tattoo and sun does NOT sound fun. (ooh, that rhymed!)