High Country Brass holding open auditions

Hi all! Due to recent changes at High Country Brass, Jon Sandford the director of the corps has announced open auditions for Drum Major for the 2009 spring and summer season!

High Country Brass is also very pleased to announce that we are in the process of gaining membership not onlywith DCA but also DCI as an all age corps! This is very exciting news for HCB.

We have set our schedule very aggressivly including 3 summer field shows in the Denver area as well as attending the two show weekend in the Minneapolis area in August 2009. We are planning on attending DCA finals in Rochester over the labor day weekend as well.

Needless to say, we are very excited about the upcoming challenges facing our corps!

Summer music includes Scream Machine, Don't let the sun go down on me, Birdland and House of the Rising Sun.

Fun arrangements to play and the drill is very close to complete for the entire show.

We are currently marching 33 members but would love to have more! Instruments and guard equipment is available.

Hurry out to join the corps! We are working on the music and drill on the floor and have made great progress on the openers!

Check our website at www.HighCountryBrass.org for info on how to join HCB and to see the rehearsal schedule.

Can't wait for the summer!

See you on the Field, :thumbup:

Mike Ryan

(The "other" Mike Ryan)

HCB

Edited by highcountrymike

Hi all! Due to recent changes at High Country Brass, Jon Sandford the director of the corps has announced open auditions for Drum Major for the 2009 spring and summer season!

High Country Brass is also very pleased to announce that we are in the process of gaining membership not onlywith DCA but also DCI as an all age corps! This is very exciting news for HCB.

We have set our schedule very aggressivly including 3 summer field shows in the Denver area as well as attending the two show weekend in the Minneapolis area in August 2009. We are planning on attending DCA finals in Rochester over the labor day weekend as well.

Needless to say, we are very excited about the upcoming challenges facing our corps!

Summer music includes Scream Machine, Don't let the sun go down on me, Birdland and House of the Rising Sun.

Fun arrangements to play and the drill is very close to complete for the entire show.

We are currently marching 33 members but would love to have more! Instruments and guard equipment is available.

Hurry out to join the corps! We are working on the music and drill on the floor and have made great progress on the openers!

Check our website at www.HighCountryBrass.org for info on how to join HCB and to see the rehearsal schedule.

Can't wait for the summer!

See you on the Field, :thumbup:

Mike Ryan

(The "other" Mike Ryan)

HCB

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Rochester...Good luck....

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Rochester...Good luck....

Thanks Mike! Can't wait to get outdoors and on the field or parking lot without snow! LOL

See ya in Rochester!

Mike

Edited by highcountrymike

Can't wait to see and hear you guys this year. :music:

I hope the corps retained the Contra Section. They were killer last year. :tongue:

Edited by Kansan

Hi Jeff!

Still to early to tell on the entire 2008 contra section, I know 1 guy is marching troopers, and 1 guy joined the Air Force but we are looking at 3 of the 6 returning and we have added 3 more players including 2 women! Solid line and a fun group! Still have horns for 4 more contras so come on out and play.

Can use some more sops thought! Especially with the charts we are playing this season!

Hi Jeff!

Still to early to tell on the entire 2008 contra section, I know 1 guy is marching troopers, and 1 guy joined the Air Force but we are looking at 3 of the 6 returning and we have added 3 more players including 2 women! Solid line and a fun group! Still have horns for 4 more contras so come on out and play.

Can use some more sops thought! Especially with the charts we are playing this season!

Troopers, America's Corps. Nice. :tongue:

Sean is one of my nephews he is at the ripe old age of 16 and I will miss him on our line but very proud that he is marching with Troop this year! Have a great time kiddo!