1978 Canadian corps videos

OK, to start out, I'm not really sure if these videos violate the forum guidelines. If they do, then mods, please feel free to delete this thread:

These videos were posted over on Facebook. They're both of the 1978 Canadian Nationals finals telecast. One is of Offensive Lions, who won the championship that year, and of Oakland Crusaders, who placed second. This was my first year to march flag in Oakland, and I'd been searching for this video for years. Needless to say, when Alain Thibodeau posted it, I was absolutely thrilled! :thumbup:

Offensive Lions, 1978 Canadian Nationals

Oakland Crusaders, 1978 Canadian Nationals

• 11 months later...

The Oakland video is also posted here: 1978 Oakland Crusaders

I'm in the back flagline, Side 2 right next to the 50. John Swartz is in the tenor drumline.

Edited by byline

Thank you Sue.

You're welcome, Linda! Actually, two good friends, Cheryl-Ann and Behan Webster, kindly agreed to edit Alain Thibodeau's original video so that it could be posted in two parts (as far as I can tell, I don't have any video-editing software and so couldn't figure out how to do that). So they're the real reason it got posted and are the ones to be thanked!

THIS MAKES MY DAY, I am one of the cymbal players.

1979 was my last Summer in Quebec before my family moved to the States. I will always believe that Canadian drumcorps brought something special to the field. We definitely had a look and sound that were unquestionably Quebecois. Or maybe it was just the 70's

merci beaucoups / thanks Sue for posting.

THIS MAKES MY DAY, I am one of the cymbal players.

1979 was my last Summer in Quebec before my family moved to the States. I will always believe that Canadian drumcorps brought something special to the field. We definitely had a look and sound that were unquestionably Quebecois. Or maybe it was just the 70's

merci beaucoups / thanks Sue for posting.

You're most welcome! Thanks go to Alain Thibodeau, who posted the original videos over on Facebook. I'd been searching for that Oakland video for 30 years, and was so thrilled when he was able to post it, so I know how you feel! I believe that Alain has posted other videos that you might be interested in, as well:

Alain's Facebook video page: Videos Posted by Alain Thibodeau

Offensive Lions' Facebook video page: Videos from Offensive Lions

There are lots of photos posted there, as well as on this great Les Chatelaines site.