SUNRISERS Next Rehearsal on Sunday January 25th

sun_graphic_hdr08.jpg

The Long Island Sunrisers

Next Rehearsal Sunday, January 25th 1PM-6PM

This Sunday, January 25th The Sunrisers will continue rehearsing in 2009. Stop by the Parish House in Manhasset, NY ( Click HERE for directions!) from 1PM to 6PM on Sunday the 25th.

Opportunities abound, as we have openings in all sections and are gearing up for a great 2009 season. Grab a friend, meet us at Christ Church Parish House on Sunday and prepare for an extra-special WEEKEND-ONLY competitive experience.

It's official!

The Sunrisers corps has moved back to Long Island, NY after being away for almost 25 years and we invite all to take part in what will be an exciting new chapter for us!

Visit www.sunrisers.com for more information

or feel free to contact us at Membership@sunrisers.com

Find out why the Sunrisers Drum & Bugle Corps is "On the Rise".

av-7671.gif

Sun Management

Tell us, oh wise one, for I have thirsted for news from the East (actually I guess I'm further east up here in Boston, but you get the idea) How's the reincarnation of one of the original DCA powerhouses (well, okay so they weren't in DCA at the very beginning, but either was Hawthorne, but you get the idea) doing? (man, was that even a sentence? Somewhere there's a nun turning over in her grave wishing she had another shot at my fingers with her ruler!!!)

Anyhow, really - what are we looking forward to this summer? How's everything going? There must be a million band people on the Island that have some serious chops. I know when I used to judge out there they had some monster players, plus schools like Hofstra and Queens College. Geez, even Nassau Community has some world class music professors. This should rock!

How's it going?

Tell us, oh wise one, for I have thirsted for news from the East (actually I guess I'm further east up here in Boston, but you get the idea) How's the reincarnation of one of the original DCA powerhouses (well, okay so they weren't in DCA at the very beginning, but either was Hawthorne, but you get the idea) doing? (man, was that even a sentence? Somewhere there's a nun turning over in her grave wishing she had another shot at my fingers with her ruler!!!)

Anyhow, really - what are we looking forward to this summer? How's everything going? There must be a million band people on the Island that have some serious chops. I know when I used to judge out there they had some monster players, plus schools like Hofstra and Queens College. Geez, even Nassau Community has some world class music professors. This should rock!

How's it going?

Ray,

Things are going well. We are right about where we thought we would be. We can always use more horn players, a snare drummer or 2 and a couple of mallet players.

The music is sounding good. The staff is great. The members are locking in to what we have going on.

Each week we get better and that is what we want.

All the best.

JT

Ray,

Things are going well. We are right about where we thought we would be. We can always use more horn players, a snare drummer or 2 and a couple of mallet players.

The music is sounding good. The staff is great. The members are locking in to what we have going on.

All the best.

JT

Things are going great!! come on down and check it out. I've heard of at least one more snare coming down this weekend.

Come for an afternoon, stay for a lifetime!!!!

Ray,

All the best.

JT

Good News, man. DCA would soooo benefit from having the Drum Corps activity reenergized on Long Island, where some 4 million people live (give or take a million) and which used to be home to 30+ respectable corps, and which currently aboutds with musical talent both of the marching and stationary variety. Plus there's no organization more appropriate to guide Long Island back to the Drum Corps activity than the Sunrisers. Once this catches on I think this is going to be a golden opportunity both for the corps and for Long Island Musicians. The Island gave us (just to name a couple) John Sasso, Frank Dorritie, Wayne Downey, Steve Buglino, Frank Ponzo, Ruben Ariola, Ray Richardson, George Richardson, Bill Hightower, Tommy Martin, guess I'd better quit before this list gets longer than the Bible, but you get my drift...

Keep us in the loop this winter, I beg you. Can't wait to see the corps' reentry to the field this summer!!!!

I'm totally psyched! (who just said psycho? That was unkind... I have feelings... and those voices, too.)

Ray

Edited by rayfallon

Good News, man. DCA would soooo benefit from having the Drum Corps activity reenergized on Long Island, where some 4 million people live (give or take a million) and which used to be home to 30+ respectable corps, and which currently aboutds with musical talent both of the marching and stationary variety. Plus there's no organization more appropriate to guide Long Island back to the Drum Corps activity than the Sunrisers. Once this catches on I think this is going to be a golden opportunity both for the corps and for Long Island Musicians. The Island gave us (just to name a couple) John Sasso, Frank Dorritie, Wayne Downey, Steve Buglino, Frank Ponzo, Ruben Ariola, Ray Richardson, George Richardson, Bill Hightower, Tommy Martin, guess I'd better quit before this list gets longer than the Bible, but you get my drift...

Keep us in the loop this winter, I beg you. Can't wait to see the corps' reentry to the field this summer!!!!

I'm totally psyched! (who just said psycho? That was unkind... I have feelings... and those voices, too.)

Ray

Thanks Ray!

We're quietly confident and looking forward to putting our corps on the field. We have a great staff and administration and it is exciting being back on Long Island!!

Come for the afternoon - stay for a lifetime.