The Greater Capital District of NY & Western Massachusetts Regions

For more information - Contact

Donel Mysliwiec - Director

EXCELSIOR Drum Corps

www.excelsiordrumcorps.org

excelsiordrumajor@gmail.com

518-708-1107

Edited by THEEXCELSIORDIRECTOR

I remember competing against the Springfield Targets in the 60's. Back then they had the Targets 1 and a feeder corps called Targets 2. Of course the Springfield Marksmen senior corps was a regional power back then. Though the last time I saw the Targets a couple years ago they were very small, I'm sorry to see them go.

In response to ALL the inquiries

The first Practice of the EXCELSIOR/ TARGETS is slated for MAR 1st ~ Scheduled for Stillwater New York due to some equipment movement.

Future Camp dates already on the schedule may move in location to make traveling easier for all involved.

The target location will be between East Greenbush & Pittsfield creating a 40 minutes to 1 hour travel time for both Massachusetts folks as well as New Yorkers

Excelsior's Transportation Coordinator is fielding calls for youth & adults needing rides -

We are looking into more buses like we have for Schenectady for the other regions ~ hold tight.

For information on the calendar visit the website - www.excelsiordrumcorps.org

we are trying to post the additional parade schedule there as the information becomes available please be patient.

Please, if you have a parent who would like to speak to me regarding the transition I am more available between the hours of 3pm-10pm - So that I can dedicate time to speaking with everyone without being interupted by that pesky thing called "work" lol;-)

Yes, Dues are 325.00$ and with the current transition we are still discounting for recruitment - if you bring someone in $25 pp off -

Through July 1 - very reasonable Payment plans are available.

Scholarships- & service certificates

community service certificates are on hand for - Confirmation hours needed as well as Honor society

100$ / guard is still in force - we can only take 20 guard. -

There will be (3) 500$ scholarship awards at seasons end - 1 for each catagory - PERC GUARD & HORNS

We will be leaving the entrants application date open until full transition of the TARGETS has been locked.

yes - We are holding firm to the 65 member cap - to remain in the A- CLASS areana for this season.

yes --- We will entertain Open Class next season - with a minimum member count of 125. if the minimum is not met we will go A CLASS again and auditions will have to play a part -

SOOOOOO... if you are even entertaining the notion of coming to EXCELSIOR/ TARGETS Drum Corps - DO NOT WAIT. Slots are filling fast -

Horns - we only have the following positions available

SOPS

2 leads

2 SOP II

3 sop III

Only 1 - Mello Lead

and 1 Mello II

1 BARI lead

2 Bari II

1 BARI III

3 contra

Perc.

2 BASS

2 Snare

NO QUINTS NEEDED

WILL incorporate CYMBAL PLAYERS - Up to 5

PIT

Will incorporate any perc. who can not get in the line this year.

Mallets

2 accessory

GUARD

8 positions left.

solo positions are already filled.

Camp times for EXCELSIOR run SAT 10-6 and SUN 9-5 with early release for quality work and heightend attention span lol haha - only kidding.

Thank you all for your inquiries. We are X- cited too !

Donel R. Mysliwiec -Director

EXCELSIOR D&BC

If I have forgotten anything you all have asked -

email me

excelsiordrumajor@gmail.com

or call 3-10pm 518-708-1107

THANK YOU !!!!

Edited by THEEXCELSIORDIRECTOR

hmmmm, this was a bit unexpected. good luck though. I won't ever forget how I got my start in this crazy activity. Hopefully this will be helpful and successful for all involved.

Thanks James .... I checked out your sight on MYSPACE - Nice.

hmmmm, this was a bit unexpected. good luck though. I won't ever forget how I got my start in this crazy activity. Hopefully this will be helpful and successful for all involved.