The Keep Austin Loud Project

Important:

If your band, drum corps or ensemble is planning on playing the Keep Austin Loud charity show on May 16th, we need to hear from you right away (the March 15th deadline is now void). The card is full, but I'm willing to extend the gig/move some performances around to make sure our drum corps friends can actually get in and play.

We will finalize the program this weekend, so Sunday at 5pm central is the new deadline.

I would like to thank the people and musicians of Austin for making this show into something far bigger than we ever expected. Drum corps, don't miss out on this chance for mainstream exposure to the press, the sponsors and the community at large - not to mention the opportunity to contribute your time to a lifesaving cause.

Visit us on the web at http://www.keepaustinloud.net and thank you for your support!

Mike Reynolds

Important:

If your band, drum corps or ensemble is planning on playing the Keep Austin Loud charity show on May 16th, we need to hear from you right away (the March 15th deadline is now void). The card is full, but I'm willing to extend the gig/move some performances around to make sure our drum corps friends can actually get in and play.

We will finalize the program this weekend, so Sunday at 5pm central is the new deadline.

I would like to thank the people and musicians of Austin for making this show into something far bigger than we ever expected. Drum corps, don't miss out on this chance for mainstream exposure to the press, the sponsors and the community at large - not to mention the opportunity to contribute your time to a lifesaving cause.

Visit us on the web at http://www.keepaustinloud.net and thank you for your support!

Mike Reynolds

Are trombones allowed?

Are trombones allowed?

Sure, we let one in this week. He's gotta upgrade soon though...

Sure, we let one in this week. He's gotta upgrade soon though...

Eh, these days I stick to trombone. Seriously, if I blew in for the weekend, would I be able to sit in and blow a solo or two over some blues or something?

Eh, these days I stick to trombone. Seriously, if I blew in for the weekend, would I be able to sit in and blow a solo or two over some blues or something?

Oh HECK yes. Absolutely. (I thought you had seen the latest video with the trombone in it...)

Oh HECK yes. Absolutely. (I thought you had seen the latest video with the trombone in it...)

I'll check out that video.

Awesome, I got friends I want to visit in Austin and I can get a decent flight around my work schedule over that weekend. If we can work out some blowing time, cool, if not, at least I know there's a cool event to hang at and meet people while I'm in town.

I'll check out that video.

Awesome, I got friends I want to visit in Austin and I can get a decent flight around my work schedule over that weekend. If we can work out some blowing time, cool, if not, at least I know there's a cool event to hang at and meet people while I'm in town.

COOL! See y'all here!

I sent a message to the director of the Austin Wind Symphony, Patrick Phillips. I'm not sure if he still runs that program, but they are an awesome ensemble, and would be worth making a call to.

I sent a message to the director of the Austin Wind Symphony, Patrick Phillips. I'm not sure if he still runs that program, but they are an awesome ensemble, and would be worth making a call to.

He is and they are great. I don't think the stage at our location is big enough, though, at least for the whole symphony. I would love if we did something with them, though, they're sort of our counterpart in the symphonic world.

Edited by Kev