how do you quote someone with the box when you are replying to a threa

im new and it is starting to bug me

im new and it is starting to bug me

Look in the lower right-hand side of each message; there's a "Quote/Reply" button. Hit that, and the quoted text of the post you're replying to while show up in quote formatting. Just type underneath that bracketed text, and you're good to go!

But you have to make sure the program that runs the board has the commands...sometimes they get altered if you're cutting out part of a BIG post.

If you want to hand type the commands, put ["quote"] at the beginning of the section you want to quote (called the opening tag) and [/"quote"] at the end (the closing tag)...those are the tags that give instructions to the software.

Just don't use the " marks....I only put those in because if I didn't you'd see the actual quote box instead of the instructions!

if the quoted section doesn't look right on screen -- like your response is within the quote box, check the tags....one may be in the wrong place or not properly typed in.

Is there an easy/quick way to do a "compound" quote? What I mean is if I wanted to quote Sue above and include in it the quote she did, how do I do that? So the post Sue quoted would be there and then below it and indented would be Sue's post. Am I making sense? I'm on other forums that it does it automatically.