Countdown final 12 are up - very interesting

Ok BIG Question ----- although I think (I don't do that often) that I KNOW the answer.... WHAT IF 2008 "Phantom Regiment" wins as top vote getter -- will they show the FULL,unedited show as it was on finals... or the hacked version.... I think you know where I'm going with this, but it's a VERY strong possibility this will be the TOP vote getter and, seeing the dischord (pun intended) it cause in the DVD re-issues, this would only re-ignite and guel that fire!
they don't have the rights to play the whole show. doing so would subject them to all kinds of liability -- very expensive liability.

I believe, but am not absolutely positive, that The Countdown is considered a broadcast event so DCI probably has the broadcast rights. It appears that the broadcast license is obtained through ASCAP, BMI, etc.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to stir the pot, but perhaps this is decent proof that general opinion on DCP is not the barometer of the drum corps public. We like to think we're an accurate representation of the fans, but we're really just a wacky subset. :tongue:

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. Most of those shows were received well here on DCP back when those seasons were going on. The only one that sticks out as an exception is 2005 Cadets. That show received all kinds of crap on this board back during the 2005 season, even by me. We are now 4 years removed from that show, and most have realized that the narration in that program doesn't compare at all to what The Cadets have done with narration since. Most respect the talent level of the performers, which is why now it gets much praise. Just look at the recent 2002 Cavaliers thread, for example. I still don't care for the overall program, concept, or idea, but I do respect the talent that was on the field.

As for the other corps on the list, most did receive much love here on DCP. 2003 Crossmen, 2004 Cavies, 2004 SVC, 2005 Madison, 2006 BD, 2007 Crown, 2007 Bluecoats, 2008 Blue Stars, 2008 Regiment. Even though 2008 Boston & Glassmen weren't drooled over during the season, they weren't exactly talked negativily about much either.

Bottom line.....IMO, you statement is false! But hey, that is in your opinion (IYO)!!!

Edited by LaSqueegee

Kick ### shows all around! (Although frankly I still can't understand stand how Madison '05 beat out '03)

Hey guys ...

Both great years, but that '05 Madison drill was truly scrumptious!!! Anyone else remember the part where it seems like the Carmen girly appears out of nowhere ... what a Diva!!!!!!

I'm not going but...

Triple Crown > Finis? Really?

BK didn't even make the list? Really?

I actually like triple crown more. Finis was awesome, I liked the overall brass sound in 07 better. I think if Triple crown was tweaked just a little bit more and was a lot more clean it could have placed higher.

And BK is a respected corps, but not many people fans of their shows... they haven't put out a crowd favorite almost ever, haha.

Personal opinion, but I think shows from the previous season should be disqualified simply to give them enough time on the back burner to simmer and age.

Personal opinion, but I think shows from the previous season should be disqualified simply to give them enough time on the back burner to simmer and age.

I think every single show that we had to choose on needs some time on the back burner... maybe 03 04 is long enough though.

I really liked the old format though... just saying.

And BK is a respected corps, but not many people fans of their shows... they haven't put out a crowd favorite almost ever, haha.

I don't disagree... hopefully with Sully on board, and to a large extent defining the philosophy of the show design, we'll see that change in the near future.

It'll still be BK, but hopefully with a more accessible twist. :)

All that said, I thought 2006 at least had a chance for the top 12. That one seemed relatively well received, especially musically.

Here's my vote .

1. Glassmen "08" ( Kar-ne'-vel )

2. Phantom Regiment "08" ( Spartacus )

3. Carolina Crown "07" ( Triple Crown )

4. Blue Devils "06" ( The Godfather )

5. Cavaliers "04" ( 007 )

6, Santa Clara Vanguard "04" ( Scheherazade )

If we could've voted for seven my next one would've been Boston Crusaders ( Neo-Cosmos )

I voted for...

2008 Phantom Regiment - Spartacus

2007 Carolina Crown - Triple Crown

2007 Bluecoats - Criminal

2005 The Cadets - The Zone

2004 Santa Clara Vanguard - ATTRACTION: The Music of Scheherazade

2003 Crossmen - Color