Evans And Blue Devils Form New Partnership

Thanks for the support for those of you using Evans. The company has taken some major strides in the past few years...specifically the last 2-3 years has show some dramatic growth in the offerings and available sound palate. The partnership with BD is about more than just products and dollars. The company that serves as the 'nerve center' (D'Addario and Company) is responsible for the dramatic growth of the company over the last several years. Look at it this way, 8 short years ago there were no marching products for Evans. Today it serves as an option for many great groups both domestically and internationally.

Growing up in drum corps in the 90's I remember that there was no 'perfect offering' with ANY of the companies my corps was associated with...of course we felt (as did the staff) that the equipment was great, produced a great sound, of great quality, and made with the intentions of the high end user in mind. One of the most important aspects was that the company behind the products understood the demands and needs of the player well enough to continue to take major strides towards the idea product. The above is true for the Blue Devil organization and we all look forward to a very product and inspiring process.

For those who are not getting their desired sound with a particular head (or stick/drum for that matter), please consider that the combination of how these three work together (drum, stick, head) create the SUM of your sound. The great instructors and players understand this which is why there are groups that get an incredible sound of out a variety of different instruments/heads. For one, I thought Blue Coats drums sounded incredible both from a distance and up close.

Thanks for the support for those using the Evans heads already. For those who haven't tried them before (or in a long time), give them a shot with an open mind. You may be surprised.

Best,

Jim Bailey

Educator Relations Manager

D'Addario and Co.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well stated, Jim.

For those that haven't tried Evans in awhile need to go back and check them out now. One thing I like about the Evans marching line is the wide array of products from which to choose so no matter what sound you're going for, you'll be able to get what you need.

Scott,

Thanks for your consistent support and encouragement. I would also encourage a second look or FIRST look if you haven't had one. Also - don't be afraid to learn more about the many options you have to create the sound you are looking for.

I have started a blog I will maintain for Evans that touches on different topics. Please visit. If you have suggestions for topics that hit close to Evans...feel free to recommend.

http://marchingcorps.blogspot.com/

The rest of the Evans Managemet (President included is also putting some VERY informative blogs. Bookmark both!

http://evanspercussion.blogspot.com/

Enjoy!

Hmm so BD is now on Dynasty Drums, Evans Heads, and Pro Mark Sticks.

Interesting combo.

It's the same combo that ALL Dynasty groups in Japan use.

Didn't PR use black Evans heads on their bass drums some years back?

Yes, but if they will be using the hybrid resonant heads, it'll change the sound.

evans offers both clear and kevlar bottoms in addition to the hybrid bottoms, so BD will chose whichever head they like best.

evans offers both clear and kevlar bottoms in addition to the hybrid bottoms, so BD will chose whichever head they like best.

From my experience with the Evans heads, I've liked the hybrid bottoms the most out of the three different types. I'm hopign they go with the hybrid top and bottoms.