Colts Looking For Final Few Great Brass Players

Our winter audition process has come to a close, and we have selected an outstanding group of performers for our 2009 season. We are down to looking for the last few great members in the brass line.We are marching a full 64 person brass line and are filled to capacity...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=39

I have a friend who just got contracted at Colts. He said the brass music is crazy fun to play and very smartly written. Wish I didn't have to work this summer :( I'd be there in a heart beat!

I really want that baritone spot....but I'm broke:(

Good luck this year colts!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Our winter audition process has come to a close, and we have selected an outstanding group of performers for our 2009 season. We are down to looking for the last few great members in the brass line.We are marching a full 64 person brass line and are filled to capacity...

... Read the rest of the article here - http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/index.php?o...4&Itemid=39

You are filled to capacity but looking for more players to fill out the line?

they've probably contracted a full horn line but a few of the players are weaker than they would like. Idk. That's what I would guess

Call it an unfortunate edit - here is what the original announcement said:

"We are marching a full 64 person brass line and are filled to capacity with the exception of a few final members. If you know of anyone who has the desire, skills and dedication to be successful with us, please let them and let us know about it."

The Colts will not contract members and then cut them later, as suggested by the previous poster. Once you have a contract you are in the corps.