Arena Drum Corps East has Launched

OK - so pardon the ignorance here, but why would an organizaton like this need the 'blessing' of SDCA? Exactly whose toes would be stepped on here?

Technically-speaking, it would seem to me that no one would really need SDCA's blessing to start an arena drum corps organization.

However, anyone who would want to start an arena drum corps organization utilizing SDCA's name and connections and support would need to get the approval of SDCA first.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Points well taken, but I didn't knock you folks. However, we will be on the field make no mistake. The question is with 50 or 60 people. I meant no disrespect. How do you know its hype if you don't at least come and check it out for yourselves? As far as not needing folks to get our corps going, it's called recruiting. If you don't want to march this summer, don't. There is always the basketball court.

Yes you did.Just because a group doesn't immediately return to the field doen't mean they aren't active.Wouldn't the Thunderbirds of old be considered a failure because they never return to the field, went bankrupt and owed people money? Isn't your new project, in part, the of result of LER not being able to get back on the field? Recruiting others from other programs kills the other program.It slowly killed corps here.My corps merged with the Rockets,it was a patch on a already dying corps,we would have been better off not merging.Is your recruiting in OH hurting a corps there? Recruit local, build a base, build community recognition. Be happy with what you've created and don't leave a trail of hard feelings.

Edited by PGHPercussion