WOW @ SCV's 94, Corona's 92, and Flanagan's 91

TKYR_FA1986

I thought Logan had a girl spinning rifle, but she is in fact a sabre. . .however based on how some of those boys are spinning, perhaps they should think about adding a couple females to the group.

And yes, Avon has a boy this year! ;-)

Yea as much as I hate to say it Logans riffle line isn't looking too hot this year....I don't know why, perhaps an off season? I didn't find their riffle line too impressive during marching season either and it's strange because they were strong on riffle last year. The sabre girls are def. stepping up their game though. I have never seen so many girls toss sabre's during marching season or indoor.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea as much as I hate to say it Logans riffle line isn't looking too hot this year....I don't know why, perhaps an off season? I didn't find their riffle line too impressive during marching season either and it's strange because they were strong on riffle last year. The sabre girls are def. stepping up their game though. I have never seen so many girls toss sabre's during marching season or indoor.

just watched a bunch of guards on replay at the tampa regional, i have to say that flanagan is great, but.... how in the world do they get away with throwing so many vertical tosses, without any lower body contribution? it sure seems like alot.. especially when, a and open class groups get called out for that when they dont offer those qualities.. point to ponder. is it just that they are so good at it that its ok? please help me understand?

Videos are up for Union City and Tampa regionals. James Logan has REALLY cleaned up their show and their rifle line looks a LOT better than the other show on the network. However, I still think It will be a slug fest for the gold between Flanagan and Avon.

Santa Clara Vanguard was just gorgeous. The show is even cleaner than the other two on fan network as it should be 2 weeks prior to WGI.

Corona is another story. There is NO WAY they were only 2 points behind SCV. They are still incredibly droppy. I lost count somewhere between 9 - 11. I do love that Purple flag work at the end of the show though.

Videos are up for Union City and Tampa regionals. James Logan has REALLY cleaned up their show and their rifle line looks a LOT better than the other show on the network. However, I still think It will be a slug fest for the gold between Flanagan and Avon.

Santa Clara Vanguard was just gorgeous. The show is even cleaner than the other two on fan network as it should be 2 weeks prior to WGI.

Corona is another story. There is NO WAY they were only 2 points behind SCV. They are still incredibly droppy. I lost count somewhere between 9 - 11. I do love that Purple flag work at the end of the show though.

I have to agree Logan REALLY cleaned up their show, it looks 100x better from the Ceres regional. However I have to disagree and say that I think after viewing Logans show from their regional if they keep it up I think they have a good shot at the gold medal too. Looks like it's three way race to the top between Avon, Flanagan, and Logan

just watched a bunch of guards on replay at the tampa regional, i have to say that flanagan is great, but.... how in the world do they get away with throwing so many vertical tosses, without any lower body contribution? it sure seems like alot.. especially when, a and open class groups get called out for that when they dont offer those qualities.. point to ponder. is it just that they are so good at it that its ok? please help me understand?

WGI and it's world of double standards............color it any way you like but there it is plain and simple

sigh. i don't know. it's obviously just me, but i just can't get into SCV. i think that they're a VERY talented group of kids, they achieve all of what is given to them at a very high level. but i can't help thinking that it's the same show as last year, just not half as good from a design standpoint...the only thing that moved me was the flag book which is absolutely breathtaking. i'm hoping to get proven wrong in Dayton!

and can someone tell me what the HECK was with the blinding rays of california sunlight shining down on those young performers during finals!? i don't know about anyone else, but i was sort of horrified and afraid for their safety...there's a reason why WGI doesn't allow flash photography... :big hug:

Just got back into So-Cal after a Bay Area Regional Weekend. I had some great friends graduate from the 2007 Logan Guard (I live w/ one of the Rifles!) Watching this years show for the first time was amazing. I had some concerns over the recap however. Did anyone else notice the low movement score for Logan in finals? (3RD in excellence / 2nd overall!) I hope this same judge isn't the one in WGI Finals, seems to be a bit screwy given that he scored Avon almost as high over a month ago. Can't wait to see all the guards in Dayton!

Edited by DeviantXDC

I have to agree Logan REALLY cleaned up their show, it looks 100x better from the Ceres regional. However I have to disagree and say that I think after viewing Logans show from their regional if they keep it up I think they have a good shot at the gold medal too. Looks like it's three way race to the top between Avon, Flanagan, and Logan

For the life of me, I don't see a 3-way race. I know you are a fan of Logan and I do think they are a fantastic guard. I just believe both Avon and Flanagan are superior this year. Who knows, I might be proven wrong but I wouldn't shocked if either Avon or Flanagan took it this year. I would be TOTALLY shocked if Logan won....

I'm still waiting for a judge(s) to call out flanagan for rushing through all their vocab and movement passages and the same goes for Logan. I still hate the end of Logan's show which looks like an after-thought that was tacked on. That said, I don't forsee the judges doing anything about it, as they don't want to be called out and threatened by the powers that be. . .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

sigh. i don't know. it's obviously just me, but i just can't get into SCV. i think that they're a VERY talented group of kids, they achieve all of what is given to them at a very high level. but i can't help thinking that it's the same show as last year, just not half as good from a design standpoint...the only thing that moved me was the flag book which is absolutely breathtaking. i'm hoping to get proven wrong in Dayton!

and can someone tell me what the HECK was with the blinding rays of california sunlight shining down on those young performers during finals!? i don't know about anyone else, but i was sort of horrified and afraid for their safety...there's a reason why WGI doesn't allow flash photography... :big hug:

DEFINITELY a sequel but not the same as last year. Last year they served you a great meal made by some wonderful cooks. This years meal was made by world class Chefs and served up in all it's 5 star glory.