WOW @ SCV's 94, Corona's 92, and Flanagan's 91

TKYR_FA1986

Oh honey, don't open pandora's box unless you want to play with all the ugly. ..

Ok so I hardly post on here, however its eating me up inside. Being from the west coast and being a huge fan of Logan. I do have to say its a new life for WGI. Logan has lost some of its momentum, although those kids do work there behinds up to keep up with great performances and keep the Logan history going. I do have to respond to a person on here. PrfctTimeofDay.... its just seems as though you constantly post the same negative messages about Flanagan, even going back to postings about Post Secrets. I am sure those kids are working there behinds of just as Logan and Avon are. They must be doing something right for being in the top, for such a young group. Everyone has a right to like and dislike a group, however it just seems odd that you only have negatives about Flanagan. With that said, I wish all the groups lots of great wishes in Dayton. Its going to be a great fight to the end.
Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah actually, Flanagan isn't taking any new risks as far as program design goes. They are sticking to what they know gets a good score

rather than providing a different show for the enjoyment of the audience. I am sure some people are just as bored with it by now

as I am.

It's called an identity. If you want flanagan to change their program design, then why don't you try to add onto their staff.

I'm SURE you can design a fantastic show and, plus, make a bunch of rookies that have never spun before gain talent within a few months and have people

considering them to be one of the biggest contenders for a medalist another season.

It can't be that hard if they can do it, right? :thumbup:

It seems this is an awefully fiesty topic that we are touching upon here.

Everyone has their opinions, I just don't think we should sit here trashing the way Flanagan's, or anyone else's staff works.

They put in just as many hours of pain and hardships as the kids do.

Just because you don't agree with their 'style' doesn't mean they have a bad program.

Please guys, keep it clean and respectful. That's all I'm asking :]

No one is saying anything about their work ethic, that they have a bad program, or bashing them, just that they have a similar "style" from year to year. In my opinion, that's just a statement, not an insult.

We are obviously reading different things on this here topic.

Or maybe we're just interpreting them differently

No one is saying anything about their work ethic, that they have a bad program, or bashing them, just that they have a similar "style" from year to year. In my opinion, that's just a statement, not an insult.

actually perfect time of day, however he spells this name, wrote a rant before, but it's been deleted.

but i understand what you're saying.

Edited by 2rifle2

Avon is a perfect example of a guard that is a chameleon and takes a risk in design from year to year. They have done it all from hip hop to pop, to classical and avantgard. The one thing that is constant is fantastic training and design.

Avon is a perfect example of a guard that is a chameleon and takes a risk in design from year to year. They have done it all from hip hop to pop, to classical and avantgard. The one thing that is constant is fantastic training and design.

I agree.

Exactly, designers want the gold with none of the risk. Good luck with that designers, it's not going to happen.

2003 - Flanagans' Scholastic Open wins the Bronze at WGI

2004 - Flanagans' Open class promoted to Scholastic World class and places 8th at WGI

2006 - Flanagans' World class places 5th at WGI

2007 - Flanagans' World class places 4th at WGI

2008 - Flanagans' World class places 1st at WGI

What isn't going to happen?