Why did Star of Indiana leave DCI?

Who cares? Not everyone has to like every corps. Build a bridge and get over it.

As far as the explanation on the Star website. I will NEVER EVER EVER believe they knew they were leaving DCI before 1993 Finals. Regardless, it sucks they left. I loved that corps.

SARCASM IS FUN!

Star did take part in 1994 - the non-participation WAS their show. It was the only logical next avant-grade step after the '93 show in a John Cage style. :soapbox:

I guess someone was on itunes this week.

I love the passion that this particular thread always pulls out. There's still a lot of lingering bitterness and there are an endless supply of fun hypotheticals that go along with this also.

You should have read through some of the threads and or conversations through the years on the alumni forum and the like. The 2004 reunion was like therapy for so many involved, digging up some long buried, and decidedly mixed feelings.

This story has taken on a life of it's own. It is fascinating how it just keeps going, and how it is younger folks who are often driving it. It makes me wonder how the Alumni Corps will be received in 10'. I fear that it will be impossible to live up to some of the preconceptions. Maybe it will finally put this ghost to bed.

The next chapter begins this Friday in B-town at the very place it all began.

The next chapter begins this Friday in B-town at the very place it all began.

I am so excited that they're rehearsing in Bloomington!

If I stand outside maybe I'll hear an echo of Medea...

:worthy:

We'll see.

I guess someone was on itunes this week.

Actually no, I didn't see that until Michael Boo's post.

4'33"s is an important musical statement but purchasing it is just stupid.

I believe UK corps The Senators did a excerpt of it a few years ago in their show.