The Woodlands High School

The Woodlands High School Winter Guard

Scholastic A

The Woodlands, TX

What does anyone think about the Woodland's show Twisted? They have a new director and i was just wondering what everyone thought of this season. Do you think they would have done better in Open Class?

Also, you can view their TCGC performance in Magnolia, TX on youtube.com

Type in "The Woodlands Winter Guard"

Edited by aggiechic13

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waiiiiiiit, that's A class?

They should have been in open. Their movement is definitely open class. The weapon technique could be polished and some of the staging is hazy.

A good idea and they have lots of energy.

I bet they're back at the top soon if they have good member retention.

Waiiiiiiit, that's A class?

They should have been in open. Their movement is definitely open class. The weapon technique could be polished and some of the staging is hazy.

A good idea and they have lots of energy.

I bet they're back at the top soon if they have good member retention.

Yes, they are in Scholastic A. I heard that many of the girls felt as if they should have been in a higher class like Scholastic Open. They are only losing four seniors this year, so their member retention is great.. Although they only have one freshmen now, next season they will have eight!

I agree with what you said about the weapon tecnique. I have good reason to believe that the director focuses alot on dance tecnique. Many of the girls on the team are ones who didnt make the drill team, The Woodlands Highsteppers.

That's interesting that everyone thinks they should be out of A class...they were ranked 6th (Technically 5th after a tie for 4th) at the Texas Color Guard Circuit championships. I guess they are not ready.

I bet no one else in A class had their demand. We all know what happens when a potential open class show is performed in A class.

Plenty of other units in that class had their demand. But if they were truly ready for Open class, or World class for that matter, then they would be able to execute the "demand" that everyone thinks they have.

2008's Woodland's would have been strong in open class. This year, they were significantly weaker.

That's interesting that everyone thinks they should be out of A class...they were ranked 6th (Technically 5th after a tie for 4th) at the Texas Color Guard Circuit championships. I guess they are not ready.

Their show was significantly harder than many other teams they competed against.. so im not sure what you are trying to say... and I feel as though more is expected form any type of sporting group from the Woodlands High. They arent always judged unbiasedly.

Edited by aggiechic13

Their show was significantly harder than many other teams they competed against.. so im not sure what you are trying to say... and I feel as though more is expected form any type of sporting group from the Woodlands High. They arent always judged unbiasedly.

So you're saying that The Woodlands received 6th place in the circuit because they are judged unfairly?? It had nothing to do with the run they had??

They won movement in their division and placed second in equipment...largely due to the fact that they could not keep equipment in their hands, as told by their 1st place in the Vocabulary sub caption and 2nd place in Excellence, once again reminding all of us that a "significantly harder" equipment book will get you nowhere unless you achieve it.

Their championships showing seemed to have affected the upstairs captions significantly. Placing 4th in EA, and 3rd/4th in GE. (This is not based on their 6th place overall finish, rather their "division" in which they finished 4th of 10, missing the bronze by .1)

Simply put, no color guard receives the placement they deserve when they have a bad finals run...despite how their adjudicated.

I am a big fan of The Woodland's. They consistently put out challenging, clever, and competitive programs year 'round. However, having seen them perform this year, I will stand by what I said. They are simply not ready for Open Class. Will they be soon? I hope so! :)

Edited by ThatsNotMyName

So you're saying that The Woodlands received 6th place in the circuit because they are judged unfairly?? It had nothing to do with the run they had??

They won movement in their division and placed second in equipment...largely due to the fact that they could not keep equipment in their hands, as told by their 1st place in the Vocabulary sub caption and 2nd place in Excellence, once again reminding all of us that a "significantly harder" equipment book will get you nowhere unless you achieve it.

Their championships showing seemed to have affected the upstairs captions significantly. Placing 4th in EA, and 3rd/4th in GE. (This is not based on their 6th place overall finish, rather their "division" in which they finished 4th of 10, missing the bronze by .1)

Simply put, no color guard receives the placement they deserve when they have a bad finals run...despite how their adjudicated.

I am a big fan of The Woodland's. They consistently put out challenging, clever, and competitive programs year 'round. However, having seen them perform this year, I will stand by what I said. They are simply not ready for Open Class. Will they be soon? I hope so! :)

Yes, I agree that their Championship performance was not top notch. There were drops, and they have had better shows. Would you agree that at the TCGC Oak Ridge Show they should not have lost to Spring by 5 points? What was up with that?