These Tarps are starting to become distracting!

I think the floor should add to the show not take away from it. Some of these floors are so busy you can't see what the performers are doing. Aimachi had a nice floor but on Fan Network you couldnt tell the performers from the floor, it was a big blur. Corona's floor was a little busy as well. There were some great moments in their show that would have been more effective if they could have been seen more clearly. (Maybe it is different live)

I think guards should get back to simpler designs or solid floors. Last year, Fantasia's black floor and white uniforms was so simple yet elegant.

This season, Avon kept it simple and your focus was on the performer's as it should be. However Choctwahatchee's floor while not simple, added something to their performance.....

but this is all just my opinion.

I think the floor should add to the show not take away from it. Some of these floors are so busy you can't see what the performers are doing. Aimachi had a nice floor but on Fan Network you couldnt tell the performers from the floor, it was a big blur. Corona's floor was a little busy as well. There were some great moments in their show that would have been more effective if they could have been seen more clearly. (Maybe it is different live)

I think guards should get back to simpler designs or solid floors. Last year, Fantasia's black floor and white uniforms was so simple yet elegant.

This season, Avon kept it simple and your focus was on the performer's as it should be. However Choctwahatchee's floor while not simple, added something to their performance.....

It's not much different live. We had great seats today and I agree about Aimachi's floor. Great show but hard to read. Maybe that was by design? Corona's was OK if you are down a little lower to see their crazy equipment book. When viewed from up high, it's harder to read.

It's not much different live. We had great seats today and I agree about Aimachi's floor. Great show but hard to read. Maybe that was by design? Corona's was OK if you are down a little lower to see their crazy equipment book. When viewed from up high, it's harder to read.

I agree

we were right on the 50 mid upper deck for prelims - and couldn't see half of what was going on on the floor - as much as I loved Aimachi's show - you really couldn't see alot of it due to the floor. And they weren't the only ones - alot of groups have really busy floors this season with costumes and flags that match the floor colors!!

I don't see how a judge can really see what is going on - and maybe that's the point!

BTW - ZYdeco ruled at prelims - I can't beleive they're not scoring higher.

Later,

Mike

I do not agree, the texture on texture is taking us to a new place in design, Aimachi is a great example of the use of multible textures. I was there live and I never had a hard time seeing them and I would hate for a designer to alter their design choices based on how it will look on the Fan Network. I think there were a few groups that explored mutilble textures sucsessfully. I think our eyes are accustomed to a more simplistic look and it will take time for us to get used to this use of pattern on pattern. I say be smart about it and go for it. The more diversity we have in design choices the more interesting it is for the audience.