Guess who I was talking to at work today?

Yep. I assisted with an autopsy this morning, and the poor guy was going to Maresh-Meredith Funeral Home in Racine. Guess who picked him up?

_75ricktommy.jpg

We spent a good 45 minutes talking early-70s Wisconsin drum corps. All within two blocks of Fruth Field, former site for the Night of Splendor.

I can throw out some names that were discussed if you're interested, Jim Anello. :worthy:

Yep. I assisted with an autopsy this morning, and the poor guy was going to Maresh-Meredith Funeral Home in Racine. Guess who picked him up?

_75ricktommy.jpg

We spent a good 45 minutes talking early-70s Wisconsin drum corps. All within two blocks of Fruth Field, former site for the Night of Splendor.

I can throw out some names that were discussed if you're interested, Jim Anello. :worthy:

Please do!

Lemme see...............Joel Magnusson, Wally Schilg, Ed Porcaro, Dino Riccio, George Lindstrom, Bill Schultz, Dave Martinson, Russ Epps, etc. :worthy:

_75ricktommy.jpg

I can throw out some names that were discussed if you're interested, Jim Anello. :thumbup:

You had me going there for a second Uncle Z. The guy on the left is my old buddy (and fellow Kiltie Sr. mellophone) Rick Hoeffert. Hoeffy passed away a few years ago, so I thought maybe you were at a seance. Then I saw Tommy on the right. :thumbup:

...............Joel Magnusson, Wally Schilg, Ed Porcaro, Dino Riccio, George Lindstrom, Bill Schultz, Dave Martinson, Russ Epps, etc.

Can't say I know Bill Schulz.

Edited by J.C.

You had me going there for a second Uncle Z. The guy on the left is my old buddy (and fellow Kiltie Sr. mellophone) Rick Hoeffert. Hoeffy passed away a few years ago, so I thought maybe you were at a seance. Then I saw Tommy on the right. :thumbup:

Can't say I know Bill Schulz.

I got him...1964 VFW Nationals Kiltie Bill Schultz, age 14, was the youngest person to take a first place at this VFW Nationals with his victory on the baritone bugle. Had to search that one up myself!

I got him...1964 VFW Nationals Kiltie Bill Schultz, age 14, was the youngest person to take a first place at this VFW Nationals with his victory on the baritone bugle. Had to search that one up myself!

Very Cool. Thanks Mac!

He was also the corps director of the Cedarburg Thunderbolts in 1973 when they merged with Roman Blenski's St. Patrick's Imperials, forming The Thing.

He was the music director/horn instructor for my first corps in '75.

Russ Epps is apparently bartending at George's, so I was invited to Racine to have a drink with Russ, and then call the Funeral Home to get Tommy to come and raise a glass or two with us. :thumbup:

Any word on the whereabouts of Dino Riccio? Last time I saw him, he was in the Future Corps at Epcot in the early '80's.

Any word on the whereabouts of Dino Riccio? Last time I saw him, he was in the Future Corps at Epcot in the early '80's.

Dino is a rep for Yamaha these days. He set the Kilties up with our last two battery purchases. He looks good and he's doing great! I have at least one beer with him every year at DCA. :tongue:

Russ Epps is apparently bartending at George's, so I was invited to Racine to have a drink with Russ, and then call the Funeral Home to get Tommy to come and raise a glass or two with us. :tongue:

Russ Epps left his bartending job at Georges about 6 months ago after working there for about 30 years. But don't let that stop you from cruising to Racine and having a drink at Georges. Former Kiltie Dave Popoff still owns and operates the place. When you come, call the funeral home, and call me, too. I'm always up for a beer and a few drum corps stories. :devil: