For your instructors and staff

dmdad

For all performers, whether A, Open, World...Scholastic or Independent: Now that the winter season is completed, please take the time to express to your directors, instructors and staff your gratitude and thanks for the work that they have done on your behalf. Let them know how they have impacted your life. As I have told our director, often the guard director impacts a persons life more than anyone outside of their immediate family. And it's never been about scores or placings, but about the joy of performing, the life skills learned and the relationships built. Most of us get busy and never let the directors and staff members how much they mean to us. So, before the days get away from you, TELL THEM THANKS!

and finish paying your dues! :tongue:

and finish paying your dues! :tongue:

LOL! All our performers had to finish paying their dues before championships or they weren't getting their member jackets, which they were allowed to wear on retreat :-) It worked well to get them to pay up!

LOL! All our performers had to finish paying their dues before championships or they weren't getting their member jackets, which they were allowed to wear on retreat :-) It worked well to get them to pay up!

Blackmail IS an effective teaching tool. :tongue:

I think more effectively would be, should you not pay your dues by world championships, you better be callin someone to pick your happy butt up...LOL.....The non paying members forfeit their way home...lol

I think more effectively would be, should you not pay your dues by world championships, you better be callin someone to pick your happy butt up...LOL.....The non paying members forfeit their way home...lol

We didn't go to world championships this year, so that wouldn't have worked.

We also had the threat of "don't pay, don't perform at states", which was effective.

Next year, it will be different: don't pay X amount by this date, you don't perform until you're caught up.

and I'd like to say a public thank you to all our members for paying your dues before the end of the season!