Best of luck

Another year has some and it's taking off in full swing. I look on DCP more now than I have ever had in the past *possibly due to my isolation from the activity* and a lot has happened in just a short time. Rochester picked for another term as host of Finals, passing of drum corps legends, exciting and entertaining shows being announced. Looks to be quite a specatcular year for the activity. Whether it is your first or thirty first year in DCA, enjoy your time. Do not let the politics and mudslinging get you down. Enjoy your activity. Make it your own. Let your administration deal with the business for that's what they are there to do. They are there to provide you an outlet for your artistic expression to impact the eyes and ears of greatful spectators of all ages. At the end of the day do not think of it as a job, or an overwhelming comittment. But something to cherrish. Good and bad. You are not only part of a unique family within your corps, but fellow corps as well. I may only have been involved in the activity for 6 years, but not a day goes by where I remember the good times I have had. Not only good but also the bad. Where we bled, laughed, cried, faught, and succeded together. For the common bond shared by some is a greater experiences shared by countless more. If your scores are good, great. If your scores are bad, even better. If the people that sacraficed the time, travel, and expenses to witness your performance are on their feet when the drum major salutes in compleetion of your show, then your mission has been accomplished successfully. Be proud in your show, be proud in your corps, be proud in your time. Be proud of your activity. Teach the newer members what it's like to experience something unique and unexplainable to those outside the hallowed walls of drum corps. For it has been said "Drum Corps: for those in it, no explaination is necessary. For those who aren't, no explaination is available".

Enjoy these times. The people you march beside you. The people who march against you. Leave the competiton on the score charts where it belongs and lay down the best performance every time all the time. For each performance before, should motivate you to keep the electricity alive. A true fan of drum corps pays to see the best drum corps show they can. Not just one or two individual corps' giving their best, but for all. Good luck, and have fun.

And now back to your regularly scheduled program... :thumbup:

Thanks Jim - stay safe and hurry back - we miss you. --Rich

That was great Jimmy...........I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!