2009 Texas Drum Corps Preview

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat,

Thanks for the pix! Can we use them on our Facebook page and TxDCP website?

Absolutely

Just watching & hearing Cathy being the MISTRESS is worth going !!! :tongue::tongue:

Glad it went well.... Good Luck to all over the summer!

30GB of HD media sure takes a while to process. It was a bit windy that night too. Typical for Austin though. It didn't really start getting dark until Memphis Sound. The police helicopters started checking us out at the start of Revolutions show. And were quite prevalent after the event. It's so nice to have so many corps in Texas now. And such a long, but still FREE show.

A more in depth review I guess. Now that I've reviewed the evidence.

World Gone Mad

A local rock and roll concert drum corps. Better overall relative to the Ruta Maya charity event just a month earlier. A pretty good corps with a pretty long set of standards. And a very nice rendition of the National Anthem.

Gulf Coast Sound

The largest hornline to date for them AFAIK. And a pretty solid performance.

Vigilantes

Very tight musically. I liked GCS's show better, but Vigilantes performed their show a bit tighter.

Memphis Sound

Nice. To be honest I wasn't expecting much given how such changes can influence a corps. New location, new everything. But these guys delivered.

Revolution

I like their show. Very fan friendly. Performed well and NOT diluted with a ton of extras like many of the more modern corps can be.

Crossmen

I'm not sure I get their show. By far the largest corps there. The addition of capes was nice. They performed their show well. But if I had to describe their show, it would be My Immortal meets Friday the 13th / Halloween. Just sort of weird, must be the synth. Just weird hearing string sounds coming from a drumcorps. But it's early and that's with no drill.