IW guards returning for 2010

Just saw Zydeco will not be back next year. Cant' find that thread of IW guard folding, though.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

karl lowe was indeed a huge part of the identity that was fantasia and that's a hard act to follow for anyone.

i understand we will see part three of "the kiss" from santa clara next winter guard season!

talk about a great divide:relative to the santa clara's winter guard..... many of you may remember the main male character in their show last year,my source tells me he has jumped ship and is now performing in the cavaliers drum corps this season,apparently someone at the cavies made him an offer he couldn't refu$e! :worthy:

There were actually two members from Cavaliers marching SCV this winter, there were also some Blue Devils ... The boy you are talking about marched Cavies last summer as well, he didn't just jump ship... at this point I've heard he isn't marching at all this summer.

There were actually two members from Cavaliers marching SCV this winter, there were also some Blue Devils ... The boy you are talking about marched Cavies last summer as well, he didn't just jump ship...

you are quite correct coco,thanks for setting the record straight! :worthy:

• 5 months later...

in the ever-changing,mezmerizing,kaleidoscopic psychotropic world of winter guard here are a few updates..........

RCC formerly fantasia will have jay murphy staging and johnny escalante collaborating.also assisting with day to day will be assorted fantasia alumni.reports are that turnouts for auditions were lackluster. :thumbup:

scv is reportedly presenting a show about loss and the talented greg lagola has lot's of creative ideas and is very excited to be involved. :thumbup:

former wgi judge and collector of lladro figurines michael gray is staging crown winter guard and collaborating with the talented and terrifying adam sage. :lol:

pride has hand picked another fertile crop of venerable heirloom performers from the rich compost heap of the midwest[huge turnout for auditions]many of which are no strangers to the world class arena.although not confirmed there are whispers that their show may be about war. :blink:

blessed sacrament has the talented rick subel on board and murmers abound that hall of famer and wig stylist to the stars scott chandler may also be attached. :thumbup:

dancer/designer/bon vivant michael james is lending artistry both at south shore drill team and farenheit. :thumbup:

reports are that premonition had a great turnout for auditions but you had a feeling that would be the case now didn't you?. :blink:

the wonderful dancer kristin whiting [taught the graham work alongside carol abahotab for SCV this past summer] will be a much needed and welcome addition to onyx. :thumbup:

reportedly sacred heart is having a rough start recruiting performers....let's pray that things change. :lol:

alter ego has that groyser tzuleyger michael shapiro [also hard at work with mayflower U.K.]and word is they have a great concept and looking at alot of talented performers. :lol:

now put that in your cocktail shaker and shake it! :satisfied:

......more as it happens.

Edited by dugg

Love the delish dish! :smile:

in the ever-changing,mezmerizing,kaleidoscopic psychotropic world of winter guard here are a few updates..........

RCC formerly fantasia will have jay murphy staging and johnny escalante collaborating.also assisting with day to day will be assorted fantasia alumni.reports are that turnouts for auditions were lackluster. :worthy:

scv is reportedly presenting a show about loss and the talented greg lagola has lot's of creative ideas and is very excited to be involved. :worthy:

former wgi judge and collector of lladro figurines michael gray is staging crown winter guard and collaborating with the talented and terrifying adam sage. :cry:

pride has hand picked another fertile crop of venerable heirloom performers from the rich compost heap of the midwest[huge turnout for auditions]many of which are no strangers to the world class arena.although not confirmed there are whispers that their show may be about war. :fight:

blessed sacrament has the talented rick subel on board and murmers abound that hall of famer and wig stylist to the stars scott chandler may also be attached. :winky:

dancer/designer/bon vivant michael james is lending artistry both at south shore drill team and farenheit. :inlove:

reports are that premonition had a great turnout for auditions but you had a feeling that would be the case now didn't you?. :worthy:

the wonderful dancer kristin whiting [taught the graham work alongside carol abahotab for SCV this past summer] will be a much needed and welcome addition to onyx. :worthy:

reportedly sacred heart is having a rough start recruiting performers....let's pray that things change. :wall:

alter ego has that groyser tzuleyger michael shapiro [also hard at work with mayflower U.K.]and word is they have a great concept and looking at alot of talented performers. :cool:

now put that in your cocktail shaker and shake it! :laughing:

......more as it happens.

Love the delish dish! :laughing:

"Dish"...???

Neigh, neigh, my friend. Neigh, neigh.

That's wasn't a mere "dish" - that was an entire BUFFET...!!!

More...!!!

:worthy::inlove::worthy:

• 2 weeks later...
If SCV is indeed doing a part three, my guess is that they'll continue to use the music of Damien Rice to complete the trifecta. Damien's music is fantastic. Now, based on how this storyline is playing out, I'm going to make a prediction (based on nothing) that they will use either 'I Remember' or 'Elephant' as the music to tell the 3rd party of the story as both pieces are 'reflective' on relationships. With that said, don't hope for a happy ending as all of damien's music is gut wrenching and painfully sad...

Google 'I remember' and 'elephant' both by damien rice and you can see how this would be a perfect fit for part 3.

If they do try to go for a happier-disney-esque ending, it'll probably not be a piece by damien rice.

i herd that damien rice is now on the banned music list ... true or false?? if it is true.. what will SCV do?! I personally hope they travel a new direction .. not to knock what they have done in the past because it was obviously incredible but im ready to see them try something different..

And it looks as if South Florida's crowd-pleasing "Premonition" winter guard (always a HUGE fan favorite where ever they perform...!!!) has completed its auditions and will be drawing upon the talents of 28 accomplished members during the 2010 season.

http://premonitionwinterguard.com/

This up-and-coming guard earned a spot in a tough IW Finals field in 2009, which was only second season in competition for the energetic ensemble of wildly entertaining performers.

Good luck and continued success in 2010, Premonition...!!!

:laugh::laugh::worthy:

And it looks as if South Florida's crowd-pleasing "Premonition" winter guard (always a HUGE fan favorite where ever they perform...!!!) has completed its auditions and will be drawing upon the talents of 28 accomplished members during the 2010 season.

http://premonitionwinterguard.com/

This up-and-coming guard earned a spot in a tough IW Finals field in 2009, which was only second season in competition for the energetic ensemble of wildly entertaining performers.

Good luck and continued success in 2010, Premonition...!!!

:laugh::laugh::worthy:

Just Curious.....but wasn`t Premonition part of the splinter group when Media split in two? They had such a great run last year with that their talented members I can`t wait to see them this year !! Best of luck :)