Colts Preview

Heh.

Don't get me wrong . . .I prefer G bugles, no amps and no electronics myself if I had a magic wand.

However, the legalization of electronics is the new reality we live in now with the activity as followers of it. . .for better or worse. Given what has come before from the band world, I thought what the Colts had on that vid sounded pretty good, and was tastefully done in a way that wasn't "ELECTRONIC SUPERSONIC I'M IN YA DRUM CORPZ YA'LL." levels of ostentatious.

Of course, I haven't seen the entire show: so for all I know there could be a three minute keytar and drum machine breakdown with a rap about the ocean in that show. :grouphug:

Just to let you know. I was at the Colts Debut performance and there is no three minute keytar and drum machine breakdown. Really the only time the electronics is played is when the pit is playing. it sounds really good as a whole but I do agree with you on one thing. Can't say yea or neh to the electronics until we hear it outside.

Just to let you know. I was at the Colts Debut performance and there is no three minute keytar and drum machine breakdown. Really the only time the electronics is played is when the pit is playing. it sounds really good as a whole but I do agree with you on one thing. Can't say yea or neh to the electronics until we hear it outside.

Agree completely. I really didn't like the idea of drum corps adding the synths but this surprised me. It was used very well and blended well. Not just what was in the video either. (Like the begining of the intro/opening statement). Love it! Can't wait to see if I still like the sound outside.

I liked the parts they played. But, I am also a little confused. This was their Spring Preview and I only counted 5 snares and 6 tubas. Were there many members not there due to school commitments or something? Seems like the guard is strong again.

I liked the parts they played. But, I am also a little confused. This was their Spring Preview and I only counted 5 snares and 6 tubas. Were there many members not there due to school commitments or something? Seems like the guard is strong again.

Looking at the pit... I hope they were out because of school commitments.

Looking at the pit... I hope they were out because of school commitments.

I believe there were a number of kids missing because of school commitments in each section. This was my only concern watching the corps as a whole. From what I understand they are full except a few horn spots. I hope this is correct. They are writing for 64 horns I believe.

Edited by bmroth1

I believe there were a number of kids missing because of school commitments in each section. This was my only concern watching the corps as a whole. From what I understand they are full except a few horn spots. I hope this is correct. They are writing for 64 horns I believe.

School commitments and those that had to leave early. As the person responsible for putting these kids into uniform, I could give you the exact breakdown by section...but lets just say, no need for any speculation...